Light and Dark side

Commandervic

i'm recently new to the game and my question is,

if i as a Jedi Knight pick only dark side alternatives in conversion do i then get booted from the Jedi order and left to join the sith or what?

or do i just become a "bad jedi"?

Edited by Commandervic

but isent that a bit wierd? i mean if you go against the jedi code you should be booted from the order. Or i'm i wrong in this piece of lore?

Youre not wrong lore-wise, but such a feature is not in the game yet. TOR is still young. Maybe Bioware will implement it in the future, it would make lots of sense and many people happy.

Dark Jedi means that you are unforgiving, cold, selfish and etc, regardless the faction you work for. There are two factions at war, republic and empire, JK works for republic, even dark Jedi.

There's pretty much no incentives in story for a dark jedi knight to switch sides and join the empire. Normally dark jedi join the sith for personal gain, whether it's dark power or to enslave other people, but I don't see how you can gain anything by joining the empire.

Now, you can say a dark side Jedi is a sith, sure. They have same characteristics, they are selfish, unforgiving and etc. but that's another issue.

Dark Jedi =/= Sith.

They may have violated the Jedi code, but thats not to say they follow the Sith code either. They still serve the Republic, they just think that more cold and violent acts are necessary to defeat the Sith Empire....and I'd say they're right too. All this 'no-emotion-robot' act and excess mercy is only going to play into the hands of the Sith Empire.

Dark Jedi =/= Sith.

They may have violated the Jedi code, but thats not to say they follow the Sith code either. They still serve the Republic, they just think that more cold and violent acts are necessary to defeat the Sith Empire....and I'd say they're right too. All this 'no-emotion-robot' act and excess mercy is only going to play into the hands of the Sith Empire.

To be honest, not really. It was dark jedi who conquered Korriban and created the Sith culture.