The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sniper To Powertech

MastaGigs

To keep it short, Got a sniper to 50 hate it pvp (Just to easy to train and offer little group play) love it pve.

Looking at powertech pyro of sorts to run in premades with, Im looking to not feel useless and be able to support my mates through guard, killing, ect ect. We have nearly no PT in my guild atm so i was leaning towards one more then a juggy as we stack them.

Im also considering a Sin or marauder(From what i see play like a feral which i loved pvp).

Not after fotm crazy op, just can support team and stand on its on sorta deal.

I have seen most the vids but given alot are vs pugs, bads and what not there more so a preview then fact for me.

Full Pyro is a lot of damage and a lot of burst, but they don't have Guard which sounds like a utility you want.

A full ST build or ST/Pyro has lots of mobility and utility in PvP. Guard and Jet Charge can both do an awful lot to help in organized PvP, especially Huttball.

An Assassin tank also has pretty awesome mobility so long as you save your Force Speed for the right times. Their Knockback is also pretty awesome (again, more so in Huttball). They can be tank spec an pick up guard and a pull, but I really prefer being a PT with an ST/Pyro build over being an Assassin tank so far as PvP tanking is concerned.

Marauders really don't offer much in the way of utility and they suck hard at lower levels. They really come into their own as they fill their trees up and acquire gear. If you liked Feral bleed DPS then the Annihilation tree will feel right at home. Marauders have a reputation of being a crappy class and needing a buff, but the difference between a Marauder that knows what he is doing and uses all his abilities and one who doesn't is like night and day.

Any of those would be good options. For organized PvP I like the looks of Juggernaut (having charge and intercede baseline is pretty slick), but if you've got too many then you should definitely pass for one of the other options.

At a toss up for a PT or mary now. We have two VERY good marauders in my guild that i can talk to to pick up the tricks. An so far it sounds really nice once you get the hang of it (annihilate on CD dots up and zerk timing ect)

How do PT handle when running solo? more so the 21/2/18 spec (Im aware that's a 50 setup not a leveling), also for general questing ect. Have only mercs in my guild atm so no one to really talk to about them.