Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Latency

stephenalandavie

That is more than good. If you're experiencing a delay, it's something else.

I see, iv tried it on at least 10 different machines now and i still experience delays in some places tonight i had it in one of the tombs on korriban.

These are all high end machines their was just one which has a graphics chip.

I see, iv tried it on at least 10 different machines now and i still experience delays in some places tonight i had it in one of the tombs on korriban.

These are all high end machines their was just one which has a graphics chip.

Are you saying you've tried the game on 10 different machines but only one had a dedicated graphics card? If so, it's likely the machines you tried it on do not meet the minimum specifications required to run SWTOR at an acceptable level.

Can you post your computer specs? What are you graphics settings at? Turning off shadows tends to help a lot of people, as shadows are generally very graphic intensive in video games.

Are you saying you've tried the game on 10 different machines but only one had a dedicated graphics card? If so, it's likely the machines you tried it on do not meet the minimum specifications required to run SWTOR at an acceptable level.

Can you post your computer specs? What are you graphics settings at? Turning off shadows tends to help a lot of people, as shadows are generally very graphic intensive in video games.

No they all have their own graphics cards each with a 1gb Nvidia Graphics cards.

This is just one of them

CPU:

AMD FX 6100 AM3+

Operating System:

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Motherboard:

Gigabyte 990XA-UD3

Memory:

8GB DDR3 1333mhz

Hard Drives:

500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Optical Drive:

22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card:

2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Sound card:

Onboard 7.1 Audio

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz

Operating System:

Motherboard:

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

Memory:

4GB DDR3 1333mhz

Hard Drives:

Corsair 60GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s SSD

500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

Optical Drive:

22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card:

ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Sound card:

Onboard 7.1 Audio

But this one is my main system

CPU:

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7Ghz

Operating System:

Motherboard:

Asus Sabertooth P67

Memory:

Corsair 8GB Vengeance 1600mhz

Hard Drives:

1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

60GB Corsair Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive:

22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA Lightscribe

4x Bluray RW

Graphics card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 3GB

Sound card:

Onboard 7.1 Audio

Good to know I misunderstood you. What are your graphics settings set to? Bloom and shadows tend to be resource hogs.

Hit CTRL+SHIFT+F to display your FPS in the bottom left corner of your screen, and see if it significantly drops only while indoors.

When i check FPS it tends to jump between 60 and 20 FPS it drops to as little as 4 FPS in some places. I have turned shadows off and bloom, i can't help but wonder if it is on biowares end. If it is then i know it will take time to fix mind it isnt unplayable i can quest and grind and will try warzones tomorrow. General graphics settings are set to low but customized to turn off shadows and bloom

There are some known graphical bugs that are getting worked out, but in the meantime make sure your drivers are updated and all the jazz, and head over to the Customer Support forum to share your info there to help BioWare troubleshoot it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.