Roations are so boring for Mercs...

McFribble

I've only just got the unload proc talent (barrage?) which has made things more interesting, but from getting tracer missile to now it has been pretty boring. Rail shot doesn't seem to hit as hard as tracer missile and it invokes the 1.5 sec GCD so it seems useless except for finishing off targets to save the 1.5 seconds. You can at least move when you use rail shot. Does rail shot hit harder when you get decent gear? Also Power shot just seems completely useless...do you need to stack a stat for it to become powerful?

Rail shot hits harder than Tracer once you get Tracer Lock and stack it up to 5. Rail Shot also only costs 8 heat compared to Tracer's 16, once you get 4pc PVE Rail Shot is free.

Just seems like I spam Tracer Missile 5 times, Rail Shot, then pop in Unload every now and then with a Rapid Shot, then Tracer Missile AGAIN to keep heat signatures up. Was holding out in hopes that it got better, but almost 25 levels in, it's already boring (and I only get Tracer Missile at lvl 20). Does it get any better later on, or should I just do myself a favor and start over?

Wish I didn't re-roll from a Powertech. Seemed much more fun the little I played as one (to 21). Before anyone asks, I re-rolled to a different server because of friends and old guildies.

Solution: spec pyro. :)

I leveled to 50 as pyro and it is a fun build, but from a PVE perspective, your utility becomes mostly nil.

You can no longer provide your group armor reduction (yes, someone else probably can) and while no one is saying definitively, the theorycrafting opinion is that it can not match arsenal damage. The only possible advantage in utility is that you can output more damage on the move, but I'm not sure that balances out the "do less damage and provide no group utility".