Jedi Knight story (Spoilers)

KurtDunn

I have been playing alongside someone who is playing a Consular, and we are sharing as much of eachother's class quests with eachother was well level up and go through the quests.

And oh my god...

I just got done with the assault on the Emperor's station, and up until then I had felt like the Jedi Knight story was lacking, in comparison to the Jedi Consular's story. The Consular has many things that introduce and reinforce the concepts of being a Jedi, what it is to hold self-sacrifice as a responsibility. The story of course, also lets the player reject self-sacrifice, and go off the beaten Jedi path, and the choice makes it so much more amazing.

Which is why I've been disappointed with the Jedi Knight story so far. There isn't much in the way of difficult moral choices, or iconic Jedi ideology that is woven into the story. You are a bad dude with a lightsaber, who fights people. You can do it for a vague sense of benevolence and justice, or you can be in it for yourself, but nothing screams 'Jedi' about it. But the story of going up against the emperor?

That whole sequence was entirely on tracks, I couldn't choose to fall to the darkside under the Emperor's focused malevolence, but the story it created was incredible.

The Jedi Knight story feels entirely like KotoR 3, where it is entirely on tracks that you follow, but the story is incredible. I am still floored, having doing it more than twelve hours ago, giddy a schoolgirl over what transpired.

I adore it, and I salute you Bioware. Thank you for this game.

Such positivity on this forum.

It is different.

... I don't like it.

Quick! Someone call Bioware lazy, and claim Blizzard can do it better!

(Jokes aside, I completely agree with you. I have yet to complete any class as far as Act II, and I'm *still* wrapped up in each arc to the point of obsession. Bioware is single-handedly the most evil company out there, as they have completely destroyed any social life I could have had by releasing this game.

Well played, Bioware. Well played. +100 Dark Side points for you.)