The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alright, well, back to the griping about delayed CE

Pherdnut

Sorry to be the turd in the punch bowl on Early Access launch day but I've got a couple more hours to download (*shakes fists at AT&T again) and definitely feel like we've been left hanging on this CEs shipping on the 20th thing.

Multiple retailers seem to have it in their head that they can't ship CEs specifically until the 20th. This screws everybody who ordered before launch. EA keeps saying "We didn't do it." Well who the hell did then? EA/BW would be the common element there, not the retailers.

And I've worked for a major retailer in corporate. I know they tend to be uncommonly stupid and sloth-like. But everybody thinking it's not okay to ship until launch day itself, even Amazon who was trying to offer release date shipping earlier but now won't? Come on now.

What happened? Did the EU get their stuff first and then Gentle Giant choked on statue production? Was it just a flub in distribution? Stuff happens but when you guys don't tell us anything it makes people assume the worst.

I'm seriously starting to resent time and effort put into trying to get explanations from my retailer.

Edited by Pherdnut

Amazon upgraded my CE to Release Date delivery, so I'm getting mine on the 20th, so your shipping date may change.

Read my sig. And don't even sneeze at your order. It will break RDS and you won't be able to change back. You might want to verify with somebody at tier 2 (tier 1 might as well just be looking at the website with you) that they're actually shipping that in time to get to you on the 20th.