December 20th - Early Access - PvP server massacre?

Ikansas

I've seen a lot of threads by 'competitive' 'server first' types saying that PvP players are just 'better' then PvE.

Well, now, I guess we'll see.

Bioware has set things up so that a few souls who chose to pre-order on *Day One* got in early, and shot up in levels quite fast.

Note these lucky few will be hitting level 50 before the rest. And then they'll do what PvPers do.

Gank and Grief anyone they can.

And the rest of you who want to do *the same thing* will just have to suck it up, and live with it.

I, for one, am quite pleased to see a bunch of 'l33t' players getting *exactly* what they deserve.

I'm pretty sure that, even on a PvP server, the earliest you'll run into opposite-faction players in the open world is Tatooine.

Look at this this way - there may be a ton of higher-level players waiting to gank you. You have a ton of higher-level players on your side doing the same thing that can help.

It's a wash.

Ah I didnt understand the nature of the PVP exploit. I suppso it doesnt really count as its working as intended, its just due to low populations that people can join a BG (not sure on term in SWTOR), get booted out for lack of players after a few minutes, receive full exp and various points, then rinse/repeat.

A bit annoying I agree, but this early on it would be a bit of a sad sack that would do such a technique when there is so much levelling content to be had. i very much doubt Ill be anywhere near max level for a month or two a least.

Aye, I completely agree, burning through content just means you end up bored.

However those most likely to be ganking 24/7 are those most likely not to agree (or not to care perhaps).

So it is likely to be a rough ride initially.

People don't seem to understand that:

- It's the launch so a lot of early access PvP'ers will be tempted to go world PvP because they know there will be a lot of lowbies to kill.

- World PvP is more then "I know there are 3 enemy stealthers who are 20 levels above me waiting for me near my quest mobs. Lets die as mine times as it takes until they get bored.".

- You do not have a high level character to punish them.

- You probably don't have any high level friends yet who can punish them.

So basically most players won't have any way to counter them while the launch acts as a gank-magnet.

Um ... I thought that was what PvP servers were for. They were in the past where the maxed level players would be waiting outside the "safe"zones and just spend day(s), weeks camping a body.

Or is it just that you are the one that is used to / expects to be camping those bodies and now balks because it's (the shoe) on the other foot now?

Um ... I thought that was what PvP servers were for. They were in the past where the maxed level players would be waiting outside the "safe"zones and just spend day(s), weeks camping a body.

Or is it just that you are the one that is used to / expects to be camping those bodies and now balks because it's (the shoe) on the other foot now?

PvP envy isn't pretty. :(

How am I supposed to level on a PvP server when I know there will be 100 enemy players just waiting for me to step out of the npc aggro range on dec 20th?

And they don't need to be max level to do so.

This is an actual, legitimate concern I think.

EGA does give an unfair advantage to some and I won't be happy if 7 level 40 Sith are camping the second world on my first day playing the game. That's an experience that will be unique to this MMO, as I've never played another for the first time that competing players will conceivably have had almost a week to level.

While whining about EGA itself is sheer stupidity, it is a valid concern.

And no, I don't even gank people that are below level cap in any game I play if I'm level capped. There's no sport in it.

This.

If you're worried, play PvE. PvP servers, no matter when you join them, come with the threat of a higher level killing you.

I don't mind, I'm not going down without a fight.

I think you have the illusion that you can actually fight with someone much higher level then you. At best they will toy with you.

If you only have 1/5th of the dmg and hp then common sense should make you realize it's a 1 sided battle.

Normally this wouldn't be much of a problem because of the limited amount of gankers but the launch will act as a gank magnet. You also can't give them a taste of their own medicine by logging onto your main or ask a friend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.