My last few points...

Ok so here's the scenario. You're an arsenal merc, all skill points have been spent in arsenal, and you've got 13 skill points remaining and have all the skills you want except heatseeking missile. Ya need 2 more points to go into an arsenal skill before I can acquire it, so that leaves me with 12 points (two of which must be spent in arsenal) to spend, and you have all the core abilities ya wanted.

What to choose?

Well here are my options I'm considering:

Arsenal

Afterburners

Jet Escape

Pinning Fire

Power Overrides

*2 points can go into each

Bodyguard

Improved Vents

Med Tech

Hired Muscle

* hired muscle has 3 slots, and the other two have 2 slots

Pyrotech

Integrated Cardio

Advanced Targeting

* 3 slots each

So how would you spend your remaining 12 points (bearing in mind that at least 2 of them have to go into an arsenal skill)?

If you have all of those arsenal talents available then you must have something in custom enviro suit, kolto vents, or integrated systems, all of which suck. Afterburners and jet escape are much nicer.

All I'll say on the rest is, don't take tier 1 pyro, it blows. Do take tier 1 bodyguard, they're all nice talents.

This is my build @ 50 currently, and I honestly can't see how I could improve upon it. I wouldnt change a single point. I'm not saying I'm gods gift to Merc, but this is what I would suggest:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZMIkbRrdRzfzZc.1

I'm guessing this isn't pvp at all? Cus you have zero survivability in there. Med tech and surgical precision systems are fantastic talents, they give you such a boost, definitely more than 3 points for 3% accuracy.

Edited by Sinsavz

So you guys would take:

pinning fire

afterburners

power overrides

over

integrated systems

kolto vents

environmental suit

?

I mean don't get me wrong, the latter 3 skills aren't fantastic, but at least they give you small boosts to your survivability. The former three skills simply strike me as completely pointless. I mean, I guess they're PvP skills but do they really help all that much in PvP?

Edited by inquisitorshadow

My limited PvP experience suggests what many have said...that an arsenal merc isn't suited for 1v1 PvP. If someone gets on top of me, taking these skills seems like I'm swimming upstream. I'd imagine my best and only protection in PvP is to stick close to and behind a group of friendlies so I can provide fire support. Wandering off on my own is just going to get me killed, and I'm just not convinced that pinning fire or afterburners is changing that. Edited by inquisitorshadow

I'm guessing this isn't pvp at all? Cus you have zero survivability in there. Med tech and surgical precision systems are fantastic talents, they give you such a boost, definitely more than 3 points for 3% accuracy.

Correct, not PvP suited at all, I guess I should have mentioned that. This is my current spec for end game pve deeps. Just a very slight touch of pvp utility, but mostly for filler.