Crit/Power/Surge ??

jneim

I do very well in PvP I'm spec'd mainly in arsenal and normally land in top 5 for damage. I crit exactly how I want to but... Not hard enough I rarely hit the 2.5k medal in warzones for either damage or heals. I average around 2100-2300 around my level or higher just not on geared 50's lol.

I'm 40 right now does anyone else have this problem or are most of you hitting that 2.5k mark majority of the time. I mainly push crit which is closing in on 28%. Let me hear your thoughts!

Im 50 and I have a hard time with the 2.5k crit heal medal as arsenal spec. I stack almost exclusively crit first, so my surge and power are lower than average making it hard to hit those numbers. Total damage wise i've never been less than 3rd place though, its a trade off.

Don't let anyone tell you power is worse than crit, or crit is worse than power... its all equal if you strung it out over a long period, its just what YOU want.

Now alacrity, different story. That stat is trash and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Bioware doesnt even know how to stat a BH apparently because half our set gear has alacrity.

My Tracer Missile crits for as high as 3.6k but usually for around 2.8k. Go crit/surge in all your gear and you should hit around 40% crit and 83-88% crit multiplier. If you're having issues getting the 2.5k medal, try this. Grab the red powerup nodes in warzones and/or use the red overcharge stim from vendors and you should hit it fairly easily. You can also use surge stims and relics to boost it as well. All of these only last a short time but having any decent amount of crit/surge will usually net you this medal easily.

My Tracer Missile crits for as high as 3.6k but usually for around 2.8k. Go crit/surge in all your gear and you should hit around 40% crit and 83-88% crit multiplier. If you're having issues getting the 2.5k medal, try this. Grab the red powerup nodes in warzones and/or use the red overcharge stim from vendors and you should hit it fairly easily. You can also use surge stims and relics to boost it as well. All of these only last a short time but having any decent amount of crit/surge will usually net you this medal easily.

This is normally when I get the medal to be honest when i pop my relic and or a stim. I have noticed as well that alacrity is on ALOT of our gear I think that is mainly for healers but trust me I know its broken lol I had my trial.

But surge will obviously get you to your higher crits of course but is the trade off of the crit to surge worth it!? Also has anyone fiddled with Power to see if it increases crit damage at all?? I know it doesnt say it does but that might not mean it doesnt.

I prefer to go Crit/Surge just because i feel that there is more damage potential in that field.

But don't forget, When you crit as arsenal with Tracer or unload you vent heat every 2 seconds. This is my main reason.

Btw since i prefer Crit/Surge, does that mean i should go Combat medic because of stats? (Even though the set bonus is for healers). Or does elimination have some other Set bonus for Ars Mercs.

Edited by Kalnoir

Im 50 and I have a hard time with the 2.5k crit heal medal as arsenal spec. I stack almost exclusively crit first, so my surge and power are lower than average making it hard to hit those numbers. Total damage wise i've never been less than 3rd place though, its a trade off.

Don't let anyone tell you power is worse than crit, or crit is worse than power... its all equal if you strung it out over a long period, its just what YOU want.

Now alacrity, different story. That stat is trash and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Bioware doesnt even know how to stat a BH apparently because half our set gear has alacrity.

i have to respectfully dissagree, every time i crit i get 8 heat back, crit>surge>power

surge will get you the 2.5k crit, crit will make that happen more often.

power adds damage to every hit, it brings long term dps up some, but crit and surge are where the bursting is

50% crit 100% surge are your goals, I read that those are the hard caps, after that all power or... if at 50% crit you have not heat issues, up alacracity to speed up dps.

Or does elimination have some other Set bonus for Ars Mercs.

4pc Bonus adds 15% to Rail Shot chance to crit. 2pc reduces Jet Boost CD by 5 sec.

For the Op I also stack Crit/Surge. Currently im sititng at 35% crit (40% with Operative buff) with a 83% crit multiplier.

HS Missiles usually crit for at least 3.8k all the way to 4.6k for me thus far. TM crits for about 2.6-2.8 alone. Rail Shot and Unload with proc also in the low to upper mid 2ks.

Just depends on target really.

4pc Bonus adds 15% to Rail Shot chance to crit. 2pc reduces Jet Boost CD by 5 sec.

For the Op I also stack Crit/Surge. Currently im sititng at 35% crit (40% with Operative buff) with a 83% crit multiplier.

HS Missiles usually crit for at least 3.8k all the way to 4.6k for me thus far. TM crits for about 2.6-2.8 alone. Rail Shot and Unload with proc also in the low to upper mid 2ks.

Just depends on target really.

I have slightly less crit and surge, but close, and i think our bread and butter is unload, i have seen 3 crits during an unload and i am sure that one click did over 7k damage, if I had a combat log i would really be sure but i am pretty darn sure.

obviously you need TM to acomplish that, but TM is only the means to an end :) ... my fav is tm/hs/unload ... the missles hit right as unload hits and you are bursty mcburstalot

I'm level 50 and I easy manage to get 2.5k Damage in a single hit and 2.5k in a single heal.

Even when I play Bodyguard I get these easy. Maybe its because I am maybe the best geared Bounty Hunter on my server but I've been hitting and healing for 2.5k+ ever since I unlocked Tracer Missile. At level 50 as a healer its easy to heal for 5k and as Damage if i use my cd's its easy to hit for 5k.

Hmm, might have to rethink my BH - I've got a lot of power on mine (pushing my primary damage to around 8200), but my crit is only 21% - with a surge multiplier of 72%... I notice I still crit often though... my accuracy is 99 point something, close to 100. Edited by markdienekes

I prefer to go Crit/Surge just because i feel that there is more damage potential in that field.

But don't forget, When you crit as arsenal with Tracer or unload you vent heat every 2 seconds. This is my main reason.

Btw since i prefer Crit/Surge, does that mean i should go Combat medic because of stats? (Even though the set bonus is for healers). Or does elimination have some other Set bonus for Ars Mercs.

Get the Eliminator set, and then replace the mods/enhancements in it to increase crit/surge.

You can get good enhancements from the Poison Strategy daily, but you'll have to buy mods from the Galactic Market (unless you're a cybertech).

I do very well in PvP I'm spec'd mainly in arsenal and normally land in top 5 for damage. I crit exactly how I want to but... Not hard enough I rarely hit the 2.5k medal in warzones for either damage or heals. I average around 2100-2300 around my level or higher just not on geared 50's lol.

I'm 40 right now does anyone else have this problem or are most of you hitting that 2.5k mark majority of the time. I mainly push crit which is closing in on 28%. Let me hear your thoughts!

That's mostly a gear issue, possibly hurt by your level.

I'm 50 and partially geared. 34% crit with 75% surge, and I have no problem at all getting both the 2.5k heal and 2.5k damage medals. Frequently I'll see Rapid Scan crit up to about 4k, and Tracer Missile crits around 3.3k.

Definitely a gear issue. I'm in a balanced set (31% unbuffed crit, 84% unbuffed surge, rest in power) and I have no problem getting the 5k damage medal with only 9% expertise and no red and no expertise consumable... If I do pop everything like those stacking videos its not hard to get heatseeker up to 8k. 7k is much more reasonable though because it doesn't require expertise pots just the red and a relic effect.

Healing is another story though, I need the red to land 5k on that or use my Rakata Medpack but that really feels like cheating.

Edited by Lightmgl