Dat community. Let's make it grow meaningfully.

ndruo

For those of you who are interested in creating a more permanent/meaningful sense of community than the official forums will provide, allow me to point you towards the SWTOR subreddit. Along the right side you will notice various resources, including links to popular SWTOR item and skill databases (knotor is my personal favorite), as well as a list of individual server subreddits. If your server is not on there, it's not a big deal - with a reddit account you can easily make a server subreddit of your own.

Registration on reddit is easy, and does not require any identifying personal information - only an untaken username and password.

If you are one of those who, like me, enjoy the community aspect of an MMO (particularly within a given server) then please, sign up, participate, and keep this particular post bumped and on the first page of the general forums.

For those of you who are fearing an "eternal September," I would like to highlight the fact that you have a downvote button, as well as the fact that reddit is the internet's (possibly second?) least obscure secret community in the first place.

I would also like to note that Stephen Reid (senior community manager for SWTOR) has a reddit account, so there are at least SOME official Bioware eyes on the place.

Edited by ndruo

I'm trying to foster a better community than the official forums can allow. General discussion moves too quickly, and there's no server-level forum option.

I figure that /r/SWTOR can provide a better place to foster an online community (it's kind of what they do) than EA is willing to.

Edited by Meluna