Mace Wimdu and Darth Sidious

Grimnaar

Lucas stated that he genuinely wanted Mace to get the upper hand. When Sidious lost his lightsaber in the commentary he stated Mace won. If you watch his facial expressions vs his facial expressions against Yoda you can clearly see he wasn't happy where his fight with Windu was going. Now the novel sheds a bit more insight in that Windu was about to lose his grip on his saber from his force lightning.

It also states that Windu tapped further into Vaapad than ever before. Windu always held back when using his own style because of how dangerous channeling your own darkness is. He let up on it in that duel. Holding back he was able to occasionally fight Yoda to a draw. If he gave more into it and was able to draw Yoda before hand I think it's safe to say in that moment, in lightsaber combat, Windu was better.

Now when it came to the use of the force.. when Sidious was forced to rely on that. I believe it's safe to say that things would have went badly from there for Windu.

well said. Everyone on this thread should read shatter point. Awsome novel by mattew Strover one of the best star wars books ever and mace is really shown in this novel to be very powerful.

well said. Everyone on this thread should read shatter point. Awsome novel by mattew Strover one of the best star wars books ever and mace is really shown in this novel to be very powerful.

Indeed. I think given a few more years. Windu would have become more powerful than Yoda. I think he was eventually going to become Yoda's successor (if you don't count Anakin.)

I advise some people watch the clip from Eps III - Windu Vs Sidious

Mace was totally about to make a darkside choice until Darth V made his own darkside choice and stopped Mace's darkside choice.

Edited by hauk