Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Fully Customizable Ship

Tuftronic

Hopefully this doesn't end up as a duplicate post. I could not find the other one I wrote with the same title.

I just wanted to ask how interested you would be if your Star Ship was customizable? For instance, before you get your ship, you have to help collect different parts of it from junk dealers, choosing your engines, weaponry and what not. By the time your "ship" quest is done, you have a somewhat unique ship with your own decals or whatnot. As you level, you can find different items to decorate your ship such as trophy's commendations. You can add more functionality to it by paying for items such as a mailbox, Galactic Trade Network Terminal, Save point, new weaponry, decals, vendors...and on and on. I for one would love another reason to play, level, and collect money. Not to mention it acts as a very good money/time sink.

What do you think? No sense hating on it too much, it's just an idea :) Be gentle, lol.

Thalinos

That is not this game. That was SWG, which incorporated a full crafting system for space as well as a decorating system for the insides of ships that you could walk around in, plus the ability to paint the outside of your ship.

The space experience in TOR was designed to be on rails and your "ship" is basically a personal loading screen. Not much more than that. But we knew that a long time ago when they announced what their space system would consist of.

I don't expect anything to change from the on rails experience. Maybe they add more space missions and more equipment, but in the end it is the same system.

While you can no longer play SWG you can play EVE which has a very robust crafting system.

I like it how it is, though I would support the possibility of of those who bother to do space missions being able to replace their ships with similar but higher quality. Being able to buy diff ships would lead to problems down the line. For instance, a BH being able to buy a phantom would cause the agents to have a meltdown and so on. but a bh who does space missions being able to upgrade to a d5 mantis which was very slightly different would be nice. adding interior customization for space missions would, to me, be an appropriate reward to those who play the space game, but again would cause a meltdown in those who don't. They'd say it's unfair. I saw similar things in SWG. They'd have to give it to everyone. Make it like player housing.

That is not this game. That was SWG, which incorporated a full crafting system for space as well as a decorating system for the insides of ships that you could walk around in, plus the ability to paint the outside of your ship.

The space experience in TOR was designed to be on rails and your "ship" is basically a personal loading screen. Not much more than that. But we knew that a long time ago when they announced what their space system would consist of.

I don't expect anything to change from the on rails experience. Maybe they add more space missions and more equipment, but in the end it is the same system.

While you can no longer play SWG you can play EVE which has a very robust crafting system.

Play Eve... man you're a jokester.

One doesn't play EvE...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.