The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kolto Vents

Senga_J

So I've heard that kolto vents is a sub-par ability, and I originally planned not to invest into it for my advanced prototype. But then I thought "What if it stacked with kolto overload?" Then you have a total 22% health regen over 10 seconds which is considerably more than a measley 7% or a somewhat decent 15%. Agree/Disagree? Does this make it a viable ability to use if you use both at the (relatively) same time?

To put it into perspective using the same instance in the sticky, if you had 12000 health, it would heal 2640 health, healing 264 points of health every second.

Edit: As a further question, would this be better than investing my last point into 1% less damage overall? The 2 builds I saw online only had that one difference. It would seem like the kolto vents would be more desirable than reducing damage by 1% as I would probably heal more that way, especially paired with kolto overload.

Edited by Senga_J

So I've heard that kolto vents is a sub-par ability, and I originally planned not to invest into it for my advanced prototype. But then I thought "What if it stacked with kolto overload?" Then you have a total 22% health regen over 10 seconds which is considerably more than a measley 7% or a somewhat decent 15%. Agree/Disagree? Does this make it a viable ability to use if you use both at the (relatively) same time?

Well, I don't know how other use it, but I do not find it sub-par, it is 22% extra health. It helps me to stay alive weather I'm doing PvP or PvE. Depending on the fight, but often I use it early to get the 15% health, then the bonus 7% from when i need to Vent Heat. They are much more valuable then the sweep attack and shoulder attack imo.