I am a Shadow Consular

Bilirubin

Hello. I am Bilirubin, and I am a Shadow Consular. :D I frigging love this character, I love the melee, I love the light sabres, I even love chucking huge rocks around that do (at current level) 500+ damage. Its the perfect blend of battle and force, and suits me to a T.

I also like the community in here: the helpful posts and theorycrafting have been extremely valuable to me as I have worked to learn MMO mechanics (I am a twitch and fire FPS player for the past odd 15 years or so).

Awesome work all--please keep it up!

Glad you're enjoying it! I feel the same about my Shadow! :jawa_biggrin: The combination of stealth, a DBLS, Force Powers and some nifty moves does make it one of the most satisfying classes to play.

I was also a (relative) MMO virgin when I started playing, so learnt most things about the various roles (DPS, Healer, etc) from this subforum. Plus, it took a while to get to grips with acronyms, but I'm getting better at it!

Now if only they'd do something about the clothing options...

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

World PvP is really heating up on my server. Was out at the pub with my wife after work, stayed for a nice long time. Cold nights mean the pub is abnormally empty, which just improves the overall vibe. Anyway, come home, hop on the server to run a quick quest and try to level, and the sith are out everywhere. I see one attacking a trooper, so I jump in and pound them. We group up, and proceed to roll over a quest, and two heroic 4+s. He was DPS trooper, I am kinetic Shadow tank, both are companions are healers. Perfect combo. The typical mobs were two golds and an elite, and we had crowd control running, rarely broken by AoE attacks, and I had the time to check for any lost mobs and taunt them back onto me to keep him free to keep DPSing unmolested. I rarely dropped below 80% health, our healer companions were really on the ball. Some of those fights took a while mind, and I recall saying after an early one "WTH have you taken me?" (did I mention I had been at the pub?) and he just laughed. Finished, then we went to a second, then I took him to a third, and we rocked. At the end he commented that I "was a good tank" and we added each other to our friends list for future activity. Was good fun, got lots of blue drops. Perhaps the best night of MMO action for me so far.

Then my partner went to bed, and I realized that it had gotten on to nearly 2 am. Oops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.