PvE Leveling Spec

jouernyc

I see a lot of posts regarding PvP specs, but what do people think is the most efficient PvE leveling spec for the Commando? Not sure if I want to heal or DPS later, but am just wanting to level quickly and efficiently for now. Thanks!

I went straight up the gunnery tree and have used Dorne as a companion since I got her.

My first character was a Seer specced Sage and as easy as that is to solo this trooper blows it out of the water. Same ability to solo elites, but much, much faster.

Thanks. So you think commando is easier to solo PvE than sage? I would have thought the opposite given what I've read about the sage. All people seem to talk about is better heals, more utility, blah blah blah, etc. Makes me wonder if I'm making a mistake with a commando if I eventually want to heal. First toon here and I'd rather not grind twice if I can avoid it...

Thanks. So you think commando is easier to solo PvE than sage? I would have thought the opposite given what I've read about the sage. All people seem to talk about is better heals, more utility, blah blah blah, etc. Makes me wonder if I'm making a mistake with a commando if I eventually want to heal. First toon here and I'd rather not grind twice if I can avoid it...

Faster, yes. Though I was able to solo several Heroic 4's on my sage that I probably wouldn't be able to do on my Trooper (we'll see when I get into my 40's.) At level 50 my Seer is a great healer and I soloed her all the way as such. Since I'm doing the Trooper as a pure DPS role it's probably not really all that comparable. Soling as a medic sounds like it's roughly the same.

As far as endgame healing goes I'd have to leave that to the Trooper experts.

As everyone else has said, spec gunnery to 31 points, and use Elara when you get her and you'll have no problem as long as you keep her geared. I will say that when it comes to that gunnery tree probably skip heavy trooper and get the other two tier 2 defensive skills (after gravity round of course) Having stock strike knock people back makes it a good interrupt for melee mobs and having concussion blast send them back further isn't too shabby either.

Just my 2 cents.