Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stealth and stun

Kelenan

I'm sure everyone has heard this argument a million time before but here it goes again only because of the cookie cutter development of assassins does this argument live on throughout every mmo out there.

Assassins should not be able to stealth out of combat at all. Stealth attacks are 1 thing but to be able to disappear and heal and come back for more is an unfair advantage.

Noone should have the power to stealth from combat. Once you have revealed yourself you should have to take the fight to it's duration no matter the outcome.

It is a Godlike power that needs to stop.

Combined with the continual stuns that go with the class Bioware needs to address this imbalance.

Remove combat stealth altogether, Place cool downs on stuns and diminished returns on stuns.

Currently anyone and be stunned continuously. We can remove stun but it does not give a duration for you to be immune to stun, making so you can be stunned again over and over.

That is a flaw in balance right there!

I am not 1 for nerfs but I am 1 that want a fair chance to beat my opponent. One that can stealth into combat and the flee in stealth is unbeatable.

UNBEATABLE!

This needs to be addressed and fixed please.

See, rather than nerf, how about BUFFS?!

Take the BH stealth scan. Good idea. Except it's 20 sec CD, 10 sec duration. Reverse those numbers, and suddenly nobody is going to whine about Operatives with a BH around!

Similarly, give several other classes an AoE that pops people out of stealth that can be placed on the ground. Make people refresh it every 10-15 seconds, so it takes work and isn't just passive, but give them something.

In a group setting though, Operatives are not too bad. With friendlies around, the moment he knocks you down he gets CCd and dropped, or forced to vanish while you get healed.

Take the BH stealth scan. Good idea. Except it's 20 sec CD, 10 sec duration. Reverse those numbers, and suddenly nobody is going to whine about Operatives with a BH around!

Then Ops are completely useless since you are taking away the only thing that makes us good in PVP. If you don't get the opener as an OP vs any other *good* player, then you almost stand no chance of winning. And BHs are already good enough, no need to make them more op.

Edit: Put emphasis on the *good*.

Edited by mastercosby

The cooldown on vanish (stealth whilst in combat) is 3 minutes, it's not like they can do this continually, if they have ran off cloaked.....in your words "they then heal up" !! This means they are out of combat which you will also be & able to heal yourself also!!! Assassins are not over powered & wear light armor so I quite squishy (except tank spec obviously due to shields etc...but then they lose alot of their burst damage)

I feel that stealth is vastly underpowered in this game.

It rarely works. I would say depending on where you are it can be as useless as 25% effective. It's a 2 minute CD so 25% effective is similiar to once every 10 minutes. Especially Voidstar, in hutball it's better to just run away and hide. Alderan it works around 60% because people are more spread out so all the abilities that break it are less condensed.

So many things break it:

AoE Knockback

Dots

AoE Dots

Detection classes (B'H)

Plain seeing through it.

In a place like voidstar or hutball when you place a Shadow/Assassin where you need to be in close, chances are an AoE is going off or a DoT or one the 5 people near you spot you at low health.

Calling stealth overpowered is not valid.

I mean, I think healing is huge advantage. How can a class get the ability to heal? That is so unfair. Wait, maybe it's an ability like stealth is.

But seriously, force cloak has such a low success rate I wanted to start a thread about it. Most of the time I use it, not as a stealth ability but as a way to get OoC to meditate.

Obviously I feel for the thread starter who had a stealth disappear on him before he got his kill. But I have been killed by range, had healers heal through DPS, have tanks outlast me and been grappled into hazards. It happens, other classes have abilities.

PS. The shadow has zero abilities over 10M to do offense. Stealth gets him close. (Well if you use your power up on one ability w a 3 second cast it can hit 30M.

MAKE STEALTH WORK MORE

Edited by richardya

Take away stealth from rogues while you're at it. They have an unfair advantage. Also, take away the cloak ability from spies in SWG. I know it's been cancelled, but get in your time machine and take it away. Those players suffered way to long with that unfair advantage in their game.

This post made me fall out of my chair, you are hilarious. You are complaining about a gap closer and what someone can do in said gap closer or how to they acquire said gap closer IN A GAME where ranged damage is exponentially higher than melee, and many of them have heals at the same time. ops/scoun are the only exception to this rule because they are the most OP class atm so everyone assumes stealth is the issue.

Name one melee class that has the ability to ON DEMAND on every type of target unleash 1.5k, 1.5k 3k, 3k, and even 5k hits right after the other, no RNG required, and a lot of these classes get a heal or two which makes it even more loltastic

Melee classes have to get into CQ (close quarters AKA melee range/ face to face) to do their damage or main abilities. Ranged classes do NOT. Ranged classes are the ones that should be HEAVILY RNG, and do less on demand burst than melee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.