How To Make Crafting Viable Endgame

dracophoenix

Producer Crafts (Cybertech,Armormech, Artificing etc.):

-Allow crit crafted mods.

(example. Resolve 1 = 10 willpower, Resolve 1 [Exceptional]=12)

-Allow crit crafted barrels/hilts

-Allow crit crafted Armoring (see above)

-Allow crit crafted Enhancements (see above)

-Add level 50 Mods + Epic Recipes (Let Epic Recipes Start as Greens that can RE up. An Epic recipe green > than non-epic recipe green, same with blue, and purple, etc.)

Slicing:

-The ability to add Augment slots to armor. (This would not replace criting on normal crafting, this would supplement. Now any crit crafted armor could have a max of two Augment slots. From criting on crafting and from slicing attachment)

-Increases demand for Augments and allows players more customization of their stats.

Biochem(Medpacks/Stims):

-Make a purple clicky that isn't infinite, but is rechargable. This would make it less necessary to buy indvidual medpacks (with there being 50 different types of medpacks, each one taking an inventory slot) and being able to buy 'recharge cartridges.

(Example: I buy Purple MedPack. It has 50 charges. When I use charge 50, I go to a Biochem or GTN and buy recharge pack. Boom, 50 charges back. This would also allow for more tweaking of the purples. Say they wanted to add a hybrid medpack/stim. Players would enjoy being able to consolidate/save inventory space while also getting the effects of a stim just from healing)

Edited by dracophoenix

Cybertech:

-Reduce Cooldowns on Grenades

-Make Crafted Speeders None BoP

-Allow Conversion of Normal Armor to Droid Parts

(This would be useful for those who have droid companions. If a piece of armor has desirable stats, the Cybertech can make a "Total Conversion Kit" that people could use to make it into a droid wearable armor/Part)

The simple fix would be to nerf the commendation gear and vendor gear, including the pvp ones. I can agree with the speeder one being BoP, should be BoE. But the rest other than slicing probably getting a buff increase to augments. I don't think they're needed.

the problem with crafting is, players simply don't need it as they get everything they need from vendors basically.

Edit: Perhaps the crits on mods could work though.

Edited by Aricus

All Crafts:

-Allow us to 'enhance' commendation gear/mods/enhancements, or for that matter, all gear. Would not be a guaranteed success for every attempt. This would again add another useful for professions while maintaining a money sink to continue to keep inflation down (which, with the slicing nerf, seems to be a priority for Bioware)

-Example: I bring Green Light Jacket to Synthweaver. I do this through an 'enhancement' slot in trade (bottom of trade window, a slot where crafter can 'enhance' what is put in that slot [so to avoid bound items not being able to be enhanced] If 'enhancement' is successful, gain of x percent to all stats of gear, if not, then matts wasted. Credits are still transfered because the 'trade' is completed upon the attempt.)

The simple fix would be to nerf the commendation gear and vendor gear, including the pvp ones. I can agree with the speeder one being BoP, should be BoE. But the rest other than slicing probably getting a buff increase to augments. I don't think they're needed.

the problem with crafting is, players simply don't need it as they get everything they need from vendors basically.

Edit: Perhaps the crits on mods could work though.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that a simple nerfing of commendation gear would do it, but I am not suggesting something that would make progression or playtime more cumbersome for players.

I would rather have commendations be where it is at, with crafting having a 10-20 percent edge that made it worthwhile. I think the problem with nerfing, is we start a race to the bottom. Right now, things are balanced to commendation gear (just from my own experience), why not allow people the option of being slightly above the curve with crafted gear?

How to make crafting viable the only way to do this is to remove the mod vendors where you can buy mods with commendations.

Why buy them off the market when you can already buy the blues for free basically by just exploring and killing mobs/quests?

As it is, the professions with 'unlimited' buffs are hugely superior in endgame PvE. The reusable epic stim for example is a massive stat buff, whereas the grenades are a half-decent burst ability, but on a long *** cooldown. Other professions don't even get those token things.

As it is, the professions with 'unlimited' buffs are hugely superior in endgame PvE. The reusable epic stim for example is a massive stat buff, whereas the grenades are a half-decent burst ability, but on a long *** cooldown. Other professions don't even get those token things.

That is why I suggested the changes that I did. Yes, unlimited use buffs/medpacks are BoP for Biochem. This is good else the demand would eventually dry up. By letting others buy an reusable stim/medpack that takes charges, they can participate with similar advantages.

Right now, you have to either know a Biochem or be lucky enough to find the exact stim/medpacks you want. Then you need to buy them in sufficient quantities to last you a while. Once you are out, you're out and have to replace them all over again.

What my proposed changes do, is allow the players to buy a Stimpack/Medpack or Combo Pack that they like, and then once they run out of charges, buy a refill/recharge pack. That way, you can choose the buffs you like and don't have to hunt down the individual stim. Again, these do not replace the current consumables, but are a suplement to them as an alternative choice for the consumer (Ex: Rechargables are a purple, therefore someone may choose to spend less initially and just buy the green or blue consumable)

Also, from a programming standpoint, I would suggest implementing it where you click on the Reusable Stim. It checks to see if it has a charge. If no charge, check inventory for Recharge Pack. If Recharge Pack, swap Reusable Stim (0 Charge) with Reusable Stim (50 Charge). Keep it simple and not having to add more work to the 'refill' system.

While from a RP standpoint, it is swapping out cartridges or resupplying, where from a system standpoint it is destroying the original and replacing it with the full charged version. No need for a messy ammo/charge system. Either all or nothing. Also, players don't have to worry about ever 'not being able to use it' if they have a Recharge in their inventory. Just trying to use it at 0 charges would automatically consume the Recharge and then proceed to apply the benefit of the Reusable Stim/Medpack

Question: If the above changes were made, do you think Slicing would need a readjustment upwards credit wise?

If crafters become a more attractive option than commendations, then there would most likely be a greater use of Credits as a currency over Commendations for Gear/Upgrades/Consumables. That being said, would having greater resource of credits available for people to spend be beneficial over all?

Thought cybertech already had best in slot ear?

Along with synthweave/armormech having 1 best in slot also?

I do believe artifice lacks a best in slot item but a simple fix for that is to give them an epic bop color crystal or enhancement with say main hand slot restriction.

I would like crafting to be an alternative way to gear up for ops at endgame but don't want it supplanting endgame myself, also crafting shouldn't give major advantages in PvP which is the current problem with Biochem and why reusable adrenal and medpacks need to be removed.