The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard Tank Spec, any comments on the build?

Cliffing

Not having defensive measure and neural overload should be illegal.

the snare procs All the time. And snares dont trigger resolve. The more CC you can do the better.

And charge is *********** worthless. Your running to the person most likely to follow up with a stock strike high impact bolt combo, So those 4 seconds are to...run away? it doesnt even make sense.

The stealth scan stun pop doesnt fill resolve either. And I get people pretty often with it.

I went up the middle line for CD reducers, tactical tools for the 35 sec pull, and the 10 second reduce on cryo nade.

CC is out of hand in this game, might as well take advantage of it.

And charge is *********** worthless. Your running to the person most likely to follow up with a stock strike high impact bolt combo, So those 4 seconds are to...run away? it doesnt even make sense.

because pvp is only about killing each other... no other objectives whatsoever right? Charge is in amazing skill unless you dont plan on ever pvping.

I'd drop Energy Blast tbh. I don't find it that useful given how long it takes to actually fire and generate the ammo.

Takes the same amount of relative time as every other skill... one GCD. The animation is absurdly slow, but that is a visual issue more than anything.

Energy blast adds another high damage attack to a rotation, and generates ammo to allow for longer rotations overall.

It's a nice extra cooldown, as well. I usually follow all of my High Impact Bolts with an energy blast, due to the similar cooldowns, and it allows time for the stockstrike cooldown to proc.

Edit:

Put the points from Ion Shield to Static shield. 2% is a laughably small damage mitigation, and is better served by Static Shield's 4% damage reduction after using Ion Pulse/Explosive Surge.

Take the 3 out of Focused Impact (high impact bolt ignoring armor) and redistribute to Neural Overload (reduces movement speed on ion cell proc) and 2/2 Parallactic Combat Stims (generate ammo when stunned)

Edited by Sonn

because pvp is only about killing each other... no other objectives whatsoever right? Charge is in amazing skill unless you dont plan on ever pvping.

The base skill storm is good enough a tactical tool for huttball. I dont need the speed burst, there are more valuable things to get with those points then a speed burst thats only viable in fewer situations as a "good use of points".

When knocked off in huttball from the ledges I can already leap back up to the ledge with the ball. And most of the time the fire is going, so burst run procs and you would still have to wait half the time.

Its all about playtyle. And I dont think its a viable use of points if your a good vanguard.