gunnery commando compared to sharpshooter gunslinger (PVP)

shadowAI

Currently I play a sharpshooter gunslinger, which is basically close to a turret playstyle. In pvp I have great single target burst and ways to avoid interruption (cc immune for 20 seconds, 2 knockbacks, all abilities are not interrupted by damage while in cover).

What would be the main differences in avoiding damage, damage output, cc with a gunnery commando?

From what I can tell. A gunnery commando is easier to interrupt, has less cc and would mainly have better aoe damage.

Im not trying to cause any arguments about which class is better for pvp dps. Im Just looking for a new class to try out and I do love single target damage :). Any opinions from people who have played both specs is appreciated.

Cover mechanic seems to be a large putoff to the gunslinger class. However I got used to the cover mechanic, so it doesnt bother me that much.

Edited by shadowAI

I haven't played a sharpshooter, so take this with a grain of salt.

I think that you guys are the kings of single-target PVP damage at range. The 3-shot combo you guys have is beyond impressive, it makes me more than a little jealous. I think you guys bring a little more utility to the table as well as far as CC goes.

But Commandos can take a punch better than a sharpshooter and are slightly more mobile than the Sharpshooter since we don't rely on the cover mechanic. If I were to make an analogy, I would say that if the Sharpshooter is a howitzer, then the Commando is a tank. You have a bigger gun, but we are slightly more mobile and can take more punishment than the Smuggler can. And our gun is still pretty big.

Edited by ndruo