Arsenal or Pyrotech?

dark_wolf

First of all I'm sorry to make a new thread since I'm sure this has been asked, but since we don't have a search option I don't really have many options. I was just wondering if someone could give me an overview of the difference in playstyle between Arsenal and Pyrotech. I've read some posts where people say Arsenal can be kind of boring since you spam Tracer Missile a lot. Anyway if someone could give me an overview of how the two trees play that would be great.

Both will do roughly the same amount of damage in the same gear with pyro coming out on top due to the nature of how it plays.

Arsenal is higher single target CONTROLLED burst by a vast amount. Pyro lets you spread your damage around to pester bad healers.

Don't let pyro "mobility" fool you. You will be shut down as soon as you get charged by any melee and if you goof up your knockback (which is a lot weaker/longer cooldown/ONLY MEANS OF ESCAPE) you're dead without an army of healers. So you gotta play smart to avoid this kinda thing.

Arsenal is very rooted in place true, but you do have mobile damage just can't rely on it solely to kill someone. Tracer missle is a very quick cast so its very easy to get in after knock backs + heatseaker missles do huge damage on 5 stack debuffed targets. So you're never really FORCED to stand around and just spam tracer and you shouldn't either because that just draws attention from people with half a brain.

I'd say that arsenal edges out pyro by a fair amount in higher up pvp where people are actually focusing down targets, using interrupts and cordinating with each other. You have very high controlled damage that is very valuable. Pyro seems to be more the solo queue kinda spec where you can get away with it.

Edited by Smellis