Combat Medic: Good DPS rotation for leveling?

nukemeister

Hello fellow Troopers,

After trying out the different healing classes I decided on sticking with the Combat Medic.

My problem is that I find myself randomly pushing buttons in fights while leveling. I can't find a good and repeatable rotation.

I'm interested in your experience: What's your rotation as a Combat Medic while leveling?

Thanks in advance for the replies and good hunting.

Single Target: Charged Bolts, Charged Bolts, hammer shot, hammer shot, charged bolts (so on and so forth).

Groups: Mortal Volley, Charged bolts, hammer shot, hammer shot, charged bolts.

Groups (when MV is on CD): Plasma Grenade, sticky grenade, hammer shot, hammer shot, hammer shot, charged bolts.

That is what I have pretty much used at least.

Edited by JLapp

It will vary depending on your level and the abilities available to you

Companion AND Ammo management aside, Charged Bolts is usually your spammable attack.

High Impact Bolt should be used as often as possible and if you are using your Support Cell, 2 abilities activate it: Plasma and Cryo Grenades

So.. against an elite, my rotation looks like this:

Plasma Grenade, Hammer Shot, HIB, (SuperCharge Cell), Charged Bolts x 4, Kolto Bomb (to get the 10%damage reduction), Cryo Grenade, HiB yada yada yada

If you going against a pack of mobs... well is Mortar Volley, Hail of Bolts, Hail of Bolts... and nothing else because everything is dead

If you get swarmed by melee, Pulse Cannon is your friend

As a new commando and medic at that, is the armour pen bonus better to work with than the dot proc (which opens HIB up)?

I did a test around level 30 or something.

Charged Bolts on some random tatooine mob:

Armor Piercing: ~600

Plasma Cell: ~500

Plasma Damage is something like 10% chance for a 200 dot or something like that.

I figured AP cell would probably scale better too. HIB doesn't really do huge damage so it probably isn't worth it to use a cell in order to use it more. I generally just use it to finish off a weak mob after I used a plasma grenade.

from 1 - 50... my rotation is pretty simple...

with combat support cells, u have supercharge that gives buff to charged bolt i think... (not too sure what is the skill name, the one that does 2 shots animation)

basically u can always use that skill 2 times, yr ammo recharge will drop 1 tier, but it should be back up in 1s, hence i always do 3 shots. then follow by hammer shots and heals if needed. get supercharge and blast charged bolt again.

aoe just stick with mortar and volley, they are more than enough usually. 1 mortar + 2 volley usually can kill the normal mobs.

I've just got AP never said was high level, but no one asked either ;-). I can see the benefit in higher steady dps vs the odd DOT burst/hib burst since plasma gren will set stuff on fire. I'll give it a bash tonight, tvm.