Torian Cadera (BH companion)

CursedRevelation

In codex it is written that his primary stats is AIM, i wanted to get him nice electrostaff with nice mods, but when i started searching i faced a situation that there are no staffs with aim stat at all in game! Should i equip him with strength items as far as he is melee fighter?

No, his stat is Aim. Just keep doing quests until you're offered a reward weapon for companions. There should be a techstaff at some point meant for Torian.

Why can't you buy a orange weapon? Just grind for some commendations for a session or two. Barring that, as others suggested, learn Armstech or find an Armstech and have them craft a staff for you. Or, search the Global Market. Otherwise, keep doing class missions, you'll eventually start getting gear for your companion as a reward choice (fyi, my crafted gear has always been better than the quest reward gear - so I never choose companion gear in quest rewards - I always take the commendations so that way I can buy orange gear).

You can buy an orange electrostaff with commendations...unfortunately I can't remember which planet it is on, but its around the time you get Torian in Taris. I can't remember if it has aim in it or not, but even if it doesnt you can just overwrite the str mods with aim ones and suddenly you have an aim staff Edited by Blynks

get an orange weapon, remove the mods, add the ones that you want like aim... problem solved! i'm a BH too but i use sith warrior masks all the time and that makes me stand out Edited by xioix

There are NO orange staves that can be bought for Torian. All staffs that you can buy are "Electro Staffs" he uses "Tech Staff" which is actually a different classification. As far as I can tell, you can only have them crafted, or you are stuck buying green staffs. I'm level 50 and have been actively searching for an orange staff for him still, no luck.

The problem isnt i can not buy orange electrostaff, the problem is THERE ARE NO AIM HILT IN GAME i can put in staff, there are only might and willpower hilts

p..s i bought staff from Taris, but still, no aim hilts in game AT ALL to put in it

Edited by CursedRevelation

There are NO orange staves that can be bought for Torian. All staffs that you can buy are "Electro Staffs" he uses "Tech Staff" which is actually a different classification. As far as I can tell, you can only have them crafted, or you are stuck buying green staffs. I'm level 50 and have been actively searching for an orange staff for him still, no luck.

Look though codex with attention, his main weapon is Electrostaff

The problem isnt i can not buy orange electrostaff, the problem is THERE ARE NO AIM HILT IN GAME i can put in staff, there are only might and willpower hilts

p..s i bought staff from Taris, but still, no aim hilts in game AT ALL to put in it

Please refer to my last post and then try to equip that staff. Bioware had a major oversight when it came to Torian apparently.

Look though codex with attention, his main weapon is Electrostaff

No, its not. You know how I know? Because I bought an Electrostaff and tried to give it to him. (Unless of course they just changed it this last patch.)

Edited by Zalophus

I'm going to try as well, because this time last week I was furious after spending a couple hundred k decking him out to find out I could not upgrade his weapon w/o extraordinary measures (finding a capped armstech who happens to have a schemeatic which supposedly drops off a heroic world boss etc). But I'll check in case they patched it, which I hope they did. Edited by Zalophus

Qyzen Fess (the first Jedi Consular companion) has this same issue. He uses the same heavy armor as BH/Trooper (Aim/End), but is a melee tank and uses a techblade despite the fact that the codex says vibrosword or electrostaff (I can't remember which). Neither companion can equip vibroswords OR electrostaves.

Apparently, this was changed late in beta but they didn't go in and reitemize the commendation vendors. There are three other alternatives:

1. There are green quality techblades available on many of the "weapons" vendors on many planets.

2. Armstech crafters can make blue or purple variants

3. You can wait and get upgrades as rewards from some quests (check torhead, maybe?)

There are NO moddable techblades currently in-game. Likewise, there are no hilts with aim.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.