The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

In general questions for a new player

ValidanEthes

Hello everyone, I am sorry to bother with trivial questions with what works best with this and what works best with that, I have choosen my path as a Vanguard because I like the ideal of it's tanking versatility at a range, and what it can do. Now to the nitty gritty part of this...

For the most part I am solo, I really don't have a guild, servers quiet, so I don't get much help that way. All I am really trying to ask is, on my own what stat(s) should I primarily focus on aside from the obvious armor and defense.... and would it be best to have 3 gathering professions until I can harvest enough materials to possibly choose a crafting section? Or even at that any suggestions for crafting abilities at all?

I welcome all feedback and any help anyone can offer. Thank you for your time.

you acctully can't have three gathering proffesions. you only can have one of each. 1 crafting proffesion, 1 gathering (basic items that can be found in the world or through missions), 1 Mission (blue and purple items for superior crafting, can only be obtained through missions.) make sure you read the codex entry for the profession you want and get the best corrosponding gathering and mission skill to go with it.

Perhaps I should rephrase the triple gathering idea.... professions such as Bioanalysis/Gathering/Diplomacy together can be done, but my real question behind it all was would that be a better route to go to gather materials until I can decide on a real profession that will help me in my leveling endures?

you acctully can't have three gathering proffesions. you only can have one of each. 1 crafting proffesion, 1 gathering (basic items that can be found in the world or through missions), 1 Mission (blue and purple items for superior crafting, can only be obtained through missions.) make sure you read the codex entry for the profession you want and get the best corrosponding gathering and mission skill to go with it.

This is entirely incorrect. You may have 0 or 1 crafting professions, but may have as many gathering/mission skills as you like up to 3.

If you're not interested in playing the crafter merchant game, go with gathering skills for cash unless you want to do biochem for stims/medpacks or cybertech for grenades.