Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please fix/change auction house

Mekaneer

I'm sure I will be flamed/corrected for pointing these things out but there are currently some major problems with the galactic trade market which really need to be fixed:

1) ONLY 50 items at a time are viable. WHY??? if someone chooses to earn money from three gathering skills and doesn't want to make anything with them, why should they have to wait to place auctions. i would like to know the logic!

2) Splitting items within bag slots currently requires us to drag the item out of the slot and then manually type in a number. OK the drag bit is a bit rubbish, but whenever you do this the item is automatically linked into the chat window. is there a way to turn the latter off??? and can you not introduce a hotkey for splitting stacks??? Is there a reason you can't sell multiple stacks on the galactic trade market? and instead I have to manually split each stack before listing it.

3) When searching for items to guage what price you should sell something at, you cannot currently shift-click the item in the search box to find it exactly. Instead each time you must search in the drop down boxes and then scroll through pages. it's SO much more time consuming.

I know this game is not WoW, and I'm glad about that. i'm finding questing alot more fun and the general gameplay is nice BUT please when it comes to Galactic Trade Market, take a leaf from Blizzards book and make it multi-item seller friendly. For those people who use it rarely it will make little difference, but for those of us that enjoy selling and trading it's a royal pain at the moment.

Yes the market is so rudimentary.

We can't compare it to a 7 year implementation so many are so accustomed to BUT day 1 seven years ago it was still superior to Bio's TOR setup.

To me they left it until a month before beta testing and this what we ended up with.

I'd add the problem with items not auto stack in our inventory, but then that other game didn't do that for 2 years as well lol

Well give it some time, The game has not been out long, and maybe BW is testing the waters to see whats up. So many people have been spoiled by the WoW Empire with its simplicity of everything. FFXI AH was'nt user friendly at all what so ever with how you check other items, I remember either having to look up items on a AH site to write them down to compare, Then Manually type in an item to bring it up to see the listing price rather than drag n drop. I'm quite satisfied with the AH at the moment, it has some drawbacks but I trust BW to fix things. If you have yet to notice that so far in the past 3 days, updates are being applied. I'm pretty sure they're working on something, the AH is last on their list to fix since its a new game and it will not be very active yet untill later down the road. They're mainly focused on fixing glitches that effect gameplay such as dancing causing you to not get hit by the enemy but you can heal =x, which is fixed now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.