The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling as a Vanguard

Camueri

All,

Thank you for viewing this post. I am working on leveling a Vanguard and I would like other's opinions regarding which spec would be best for PVE leveling. I already have a couple of ideas for PVP but I am less sure about PVE. For example, is Assault spec viable in PVE?

Thank you,

Camueri

For leveling, pure shield or pure assault are both fine depending on the playstyle and companions you prefer. I wouldn't try to level with tactics or hybrid builds.

I've experienced no problems lvling as Tactics build. People tends to have trouble with it seems to be because they do not use their interrupts, which is the greatest advantage of the build.

Tactics is a pvp centric build, you will do much better if you do any fights with a pvp-centric mindset (ie use kiting, use roots, use interrupts, etc)

For leveling, pure shield or pure assault are both fine depending on the playstyle and companions you prefer. I wouldn't try to level with tactics or hybrid builds.

I've had no problems doing a hybrid build the whole game (Tactics to Gut, then Shield Spec). In fact, I've been able to easily solo the Heroic 2's with the big bosses (35k+ hp in the late 20's / low 30's.)