One character per server Server?

Frakthefriendly

I would love a one special server where players can only have one character slot.

They have these in some of the old MMOs, but they do not do it anymore.

The advantages of having only one character on that server can be pretty huge.

Firstly, you know that person knows his charter pretty darn well. (It's the only one he plays) :)

Second, you get to know the community a lot better, because the population is 8 times smaller, name wise. Also, people really watch how they act, because that ONE character is the only reputation in their game.

Third, it helps a player really get into their role. Instead of juggling 8 characters, you dive into your role for that one character and it gives a sense of pride and ownership.

I know this is not a popular idea for a lot of players, but i bet there is enough to have one server for it.

Once you try this type of server, it is clear why is is a good choice.

I like and dislike that idea at the same time....sometimes i get bored with my current character and want to lvl an alt...especially if the end game content is "lacking"

but your idea is great for those that don't have a problem with never leveling and alt.

As I understand it there is a legacy thingy in this game that basically adds a surname/family-name to your account which goes on every character created on the account.

This should help with your in-game fame or notoriety.

I never got high enough to test it in beta though.

As someone who enjoys making alts and playing different characters, this would not appeal to me at all. But for people who only enjoy making one toon, then it would probably be perfect. Let them have a server they can enjoy and leave the rest of them for us alt addicted people. lol

That is a very good idea Frak,

I've had my fair share of alts on other games. I had fun playing all the different classes yet never was able to master any of them.

One of the biggest issue I see about this is that, in today's world of instant gratification, people want an alternate choice and they wanted it yesterday.

It would be nice for Bioware to reserve a few servers with your idea to bring the players closer to each other.