Hey all! I'm considering starting a Sith Assassin, need some input on aesthetics.

Lonnieep

Hi all! I'm thinking I'd like to start a Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin, but I'm having trouble picking a few different things due to aesthetic desires.

Here we go, all answers appreciated!

1) Does bigger body type=longer looking saber?

2) Twi'leks. How do their lekka work with hoods? I haven't seen ANY Twi'leks running around except as smugglers.

3) Which spec looks like what? What I mean is, I want to look like darth-maul (fighting style, not physical appearance.) Is this best achieved by Deception or Madness spec? (I have no interest in Darkness, I already play a 32 Jedi Guardian tank.)

4) I hear the armor choices on the dark side are vastly superior to Jedi Shadow armor appearance. True/False?

Also posted this on the Shadow board. Thank you for your input!

Hmm ... How much fun should I have with this? Ok, I'll try to be serious, because I think this was actually a serious question.

Your end game armor looks stupid but in different ways than the Consulars'.

I know the fatman body does actually get a bigger speeder, not sure about the -ahem- size of his saber. (Really? Was that a real question?)

Darth Maul is a Deception assassin. PLEASE NOTE: Just because the class archetype is named Darth "Maul" this does NOT require you to use Maul on every GCD, in fact, this has provided more whining on these forums about how the class sucks than almost anything else.

Twi'leks don't get hoods, even if it's a hooded item. Sorry.

Wow, those were totally out of order. Anyway, hope that helps!

Hmm ... How much fun should I have with this? Ok, I'll try to be serious, because I think this was actually a serious question.

Your end game armor looks stupid but in different ways than the Consulars'.

I know the fatman body does actually get a bigger speeder, not sure about the -ahem- size of his saber. (Really? Was that a real question?)

Darth Maul is a Deception assassin. PLEASE NOTE: Just because the class archetype is named Darth "Maul" this does NOT require you to use Maul on every GCD, in fact, this has provided more whining on these forums about how the class sucks than almost anything else.

Twi'leks don't get hoods, even if it's a hooded item. Sorry.

Wow, those were totally out of order. Anyway, hope that helps!

Holy crap, I can see this might've looked trollish, now.

I meant does the length of your double bladed lightsaber scale with the HEIGHT of your body type. Wow. Hahaha.

All you care about is appearance?

Lawl.

I'm glad you were able to bring your bright, shining wisdom into my thread, providing me with not only answers to my questions, but perhaps some insight into my very "self" as well.

You are a valued addition to this thread, this community, and humanity. Shine on, brother.

All you care about is appearance?

Lawl.

Nothing wrong with that.

Level 50 Twi'Lek Sith Assassin here (Darkness spec).

1) I believe the weapons for all classes are preportional to your body type.

2) Right now all hoods are disabled for Twi'Leks because Bioware doesn't know how to handle lekku. For this same reason our lekku are hidden entirely when we put on masks. This really, really sucks. Unless you're set on being Twi'Lek I would pick another race because I don't know if Bioware will ever fix this issue.

3) Honestly Darth Maul was probably more like a Darkness Assassin. If you don't want to do that though I would say your next best bet is Deception. Maul was more about the saber skills than the force, and Madness is Force heavy.

4) A bit of truth. Jedi Consulars easily have the worst aesthetics in the game. That said though, Sith Inquisitors have the next worst aesthetics in the game. The aesthetic concepts behind both classes are sound, but their implimentation is terrible. I took a risk with a Twi'Lek Assassin for two reasons. 1) I am hoping Bioware has the decency to handle Lekku correctly. 2) I like the concept behind SI's aesthetics and hope they will impliment it better in the future (cause honestly, no class' gear looks that great right now anyway).

You might choose to do the same. Hope that helped!

Nothing wrong with that.

Level 50 Twi'Lek Sith Assassin here (Darkness spec).

1) I believe the weapons for all classes are preportional to your body type.

2) Right now all hoods are disabled for Twi'Leks because Bioware doesn't know how to handle lekku. For this same reason our lekku are hidden entirely when we put on masks. This really, really sucks. Unless you're set on being Twi'Lek I would pick another race because I don't know if Bioware will ever fix this issue.

3) Honestly Darth Maul was probably more like a Darkness Assassin. If you don't want to do that though I would say your next best bet is Deception. Maul was more about the saber skills than the force, and Madness is Force heavy.

4) A bit of truth. Jedi Consulars easily have the worst aesthetics in the game. That said though, Sith Inquisitors have the next worst aesthetics in the game. The aesthetic concepts behind both classes are sound, but their implimentation is terrible. I took a risk with a Twi'Lek Assassin for two reasons. 1) I am hoping Bioware has the decency to handle Lekku correctly. 2) I like the concept behind SI's aesthetics and hope they will impliment it better in the future (cause honestly, no class' gear looks that great right now anyway).

You might choose to do the same. Hope that helped!

Ahhh HA, this is what I was looking for. Thank you! :D