REing Blue -> Purple Rate ?Bugged?

MortisMortavius

I'm specifically crafting [Critical Reflex Enhancement Adapter]s

I've received the schematic for [supremacy Reflex Enhancement Adapter]s

188 later and still not another schematic from it ...

Here, you've RE'd the Reflex blue-quality item to get the Reflex purple-quality item... perhaps where you're running into an issue is because you keep trying to make the Reflex version rather than the stat you're looking for?

I had dabbled in Biochem on my Kinetic Shadow before switching to pure gathering (until level cap), and what I noticed is that RE and upgraded schematics are linked by just which one you're making. If I RE enough blue-quality Reflex stims, I'll end up getting the purple-quality schematic. For Reflex. Not Aim, not Strength, or any other stat - just Reflex. If I wished to make the stims for another stat, I'd need to start from scratch (make the greens, RE to get blue schematic, make the blues, get the purple schematic).

If I had to make an educated guess, this is your problem. You're trying to proc a recipe that will never proc, because you've already done it and can't get schematics for other stats from the executing the Reflex-specific blue recipe.

Here, you've RE'd the Reflex blue-quality item to get the Reflex purple-quality item... perhaps where you're running into an issue is because you keep trying to make the Reflex version rather than the stat you're looking for?

I had dabbled in Biochem on my Kinetic Shadow before switching to pure gathering (until level cap), and what I noticed is that RE and upgraded schematics are linked by just which one you're making. If I RE enough blue-quality Reflex stims, I'll end up getting the purple-quality schematic. For Reflex. Not Aim, not Strength, or any other stat - just Reflex. If I wished to make the stims for another stat, I'd need to start from scratch (make the greens, RE to get blue schematic, make the blues, get the purple schematic).

If I had to make an educated guess, this is your problem. You're trying to proc a recipe that will never proc, because you've already done it and can't get schematics for other stats from the executing the Reflex-specific blue recipe.

uhh, no.

there are 2 upgrade paths (this is all in the sticky http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866 ). Theres 'linear' which is what stims (and iirc mods) follow - single green goes to single blue goes to single purple.

then theres 'branched'.

green goes to Overkill, Critical, or Redoubt. Each of these can then go to 5 different purples*.

'Supremacy' is the +Alacrity version of Critical. there are 4 others that can come from critical - leadership, tempest, fervour, and endowment. overkill goes to a different 5 peoples (with the same extra stat, but different names).

*redoubt currently appears to only go to 4 different ones... noone knows why.

Edited by Atsurak

uhh, no.

there are 2 upgrade paths (this is all in the sticky http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866 ). Theres 'linear' which is what stims (and iirc mods) follow - single green goes to single blue goes to single purple.

then theres 'branched'.

green goes to Overkill, Critical, or Redoubt. Each of these can then go to 5 different purples*.

'Supremacy' is the +Alacrity version of Critical. there are 4 others that can come from critical - leadership, tempest, fervour, and endowment. overkill goes to a different 5 peoples (with the same extra stat, but different names).

*redoubt currently appears to only go to 4 different ones... noone knows why.

Mmk, definitely thanks for clarifying this for me. I should've assumed it would be different for other professions (ala the branched paths), but shame on me, I haven't had my coffee yet today and wasn't quite thinking properly. :(

I'm sorry, MortisMortavius, for providing you absolutely no help with respect to this thread - I hope you'll find your answers soon enough.

I would suggest gettting all blue variants before trying for a purple. I seem to find that the more blues the better chance at purple variants.... it almost like there is a matrix in place where you need a specific two blues to get some of the purples.

wow i am trying to make a purple implant i REd like over 200 today and got no new scematic then the ether day i REd ablue like 5 times and got a scamtic seems kinda random... but im pissed 200 REs and nothing

Same blue you've been working on all along or a different blue?