Anyone grinding to rank 60 valor, i've got a warning for you.

SinisterWarlock

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So skills need to be binded in order to use them? This is news to me, i'll have to change my playstyle immediately and stop using my other skills since they are not binded.

You mean to tell me that you open up your skill book, find the ability you want and click it? Oh god....

Maybe i'm just a good player? NO IT COULDN'T BE SO!

A good player which doesnt even use all the skills available to him, not know how to keybind and still performing better than people doing otherwise?

Of course.

But I gotta admit, that math part was bad! I am sorry for that.

I always knew BH were ridiculously overpowered and easy to play. This is proof.

He might have just AoEd everything.

I have every single quickslot filled but 2, so I wouldn't call it "easy to play" BH arsenal might be, but healer isn't easier than other classes. But yeah, not that the amount of filled quickslots is what makes a class harder.

The BH hate has to stop, go hate on operatives/scoundrels for their insane burst damage.

http://i42.tinypic.com/103u4r9.jpg

Edited by Svensy

You mean to tell me that you open up your skill book, find the ability you want and click it? Oh god....

Why would I need to open skills? I have over 40 abilities on my hotbars, or are you blind to the fact that I have 4 hotbars?

I have the skills I use the most on my number keys so I can use keypresses to activate those, the rest of my abilities I use mouseclick for.

No, he's just a terrible player that probably AoEd level 10s in warzones.

I have every single quickslot filled but 2, so I wouldn't call it "easy to play" BH arsenal might be, but healer isn't easier than other classes. But yeah, not that the amount of filled quickslots is what makes a class harder.

Yeah, that looks a lot more like it should, thanks.

Still, too many bad players playing BH spamming missiles all day long. It's really much too effective considering it's just the same skill over and over.

Rank 57-60 will take you as long as you spent doing ranks 1-40, or ranks 40-50.

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

...? You unsubscribed over this. Normally I'm not one to post "lulz" and the like but wow dude. I'm going to go out on a limb and mention WoW, it took forever to gain rank in that game (back when rank existed, warlord etc). Its essentially the final PvP "achievement" in game at the moment, I'm kind of glad that I'll be able to PvP for a good while before having to worry about capping.

lol clickers.

Lol, key pressers.

You must really fail at FPS games where you have to use the mouse.

People such as myself can do both.

I can't believe i've been dragged to the nerd level of arguing over ones style of play.

Edited by SinisterWarlock

I was planning to get to valor rank 60, to get the battlemaster gear, it was a tough choice, i really didn't know if i wanted to do all those warzones, but i decided it would be worth it in the end.

As soon as I got to valor rank 51 I had a nasty surprise. The carrot on the stick was suddenly no longer on a stick, moreso across the atlantic and on another country.

Valor ranks 1-50 increment in a linear fashion, about 100 more valor per level than the last, so by time you're rank 50 you require about 10k valor per level.

At rank 51, totally out of the blue, it now increments by 4k valor per level. You'll need to gain in valor to reach the following ranks:

52: 13.7k

53: 17k

53: 21k

54: 25k

55: 29k

56: 33k

57: 37k

58: 41k

59: 44k

60: 48k

Rank 57-60 will take you as long as you spent doing ranks 1-40, or ranks 40-50.

I unsubbed from the game after finding this out. I don't think it's very good to accustom the player that valor ranks go up in a linear fashion and then suddenly turn it into an epic grind AFTER you've already put in the effort to get to rank 50. Do they think the player will just accept it anyway since they already put in the effort to get to valor 50? Not this player. /unsub

Seriously You call this grinding? This is a walk in the park if You compare to real grinding:)

Yeah, that looks a lot more like it should, thanks.

Still, too many bad players playing BH spamming missiles all day long. It's really much too effective considering it's just the same skill over and over.

I am a healing specced BH, i don't even use missiles, apart from the occasional death from above.

He also has all the cylinders in there, which is pointless because each spec will only use one cylinder. Also, he has some other near useless skills that i don't even bother to put in my bar.

That's the only difference between my bar and his.

Not every skill is useful, there are many that are a total waste of a bar slot, better to just keep that slot empty.

So much major fail on these forums.

He might have just AoEd everything.

The BH hate has to stop, go hate on operatives/scoundrels for their insane burst damage.

Heal merc is fine for the most part. Dfa is a bit much but whatever. Arsenal is my main qq.

OP, most of your abilities are not barred. Most of your **** is buffs and simple **** that arent involved in combat.

Edited by Gorthunder

You unsubbed because of this .... seriously? The mmo genre is not for you.

There are R60+'s already and the game isn't even two weeks old. I think we can manage the grind. Good luck in life with that instant gratification mentality .... you're in for a big surprise.

I think the MMO genre has moved away from crazy grinds, because players don't like them. The ideal is for there to be avenues for progress for everyone, but the metric for determining who is elite and who isn't should be how well you play, not how much you play.

That said, the battlemaster grind is pretty much unnecessary. If you're in full epic pvp gear, you're pretty much an unstoppable killing machine right now. When that changes, and pvp is retooled for a playerbase that is mostly max level, the grind will be nerfed and hopefully some sort of rated play will be added.

Lol, key pressers.

You must really fail at FPS games where you have to use the mouse.

People such as myself can do both.

I can't believe i've been dragged to the nerd level of arguing over ones style of play.

I use the mouse to move. So while you are keyboard turning and trying to click your abilities I am killing you.

I'm not going to touch the FPS strawman you threw in there.

When you max out then what? I think the end goals should be nie unreachable except for the most dedicated and then take a year for very marginably greater reward. The carrot is there then and people keep playing. Being able to "max out" shouldnt happen within anythng but epic amount of time.

I use the mouse to move. So while you are keyboard turning and trying to click your abilities I am killing you.

I'm not going to touch the FPS strawman you threw in there.

Keyboard turning? Didn't you know you can turn, or turn and move at the same time in any combination by holding the right mouse button?

Is it too hard for you to grasp the idea that somebody could do this and use their abilities with both the mouse and keyboard at the same time?

Don't even try to put down someone elses playstyle, paticuarly if that player is a good player, you will lose the argument every time.

Nobody gives a **** what your playstyle is, at least they shouldn't, only if you're a good player, or a bad player.

I think the MMO genre has moved away from crazy grinds, because players don't like them. The ideal is for there to be avenues for progress for everyone, but the metric for determining who is elite and who isn't should be how well you play, not how much you play.

That said, the battlemaster grind is pretty much unnecessary. If you're in full epic pvp gear, you're pretty much an unstoppable killing machine right now. When that changes, and pvp is retooled for a playerbase that is mostly max level, the grind will be nerfed and hopefully some sort of rated play will be added.

While I agree with what you're saying and is one of the reasons I look forward to GW2 ...

The grind is necessary ... grinds are in place to keep you entertained because ... wait for it ... Development teams cannot produce content quick enough to saturate the thirst of the consumers . Once the majority of players have say champion gear, you can bet you're pretty petunia that they'll be adding some sort of super battlemaster gear.

Edited by Orangerascal

So what you're saying is that you cant turn while casting an ability then. Pro skills.

My major abilites are on the number keys, so yeah, i can.

I *********** laugh my head off at people talking about "skills" in a select your target and fire mmorpg. There's little skill to be had, go play with an fps if you want to talk gaming skills.

While you're at it, let's see some of your warzone stats screeshots, none of you have provided any evidence to try to show up my stats, i wonder why that is?

You attempt to call me a child but fail, because i'm the one who knows the difference between your and you're.

Thats great. Dont forget english is only language You can speak and most of us here had to learn more than two languages before even touching english.