The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield spec with Gut, viable in PvP?

ZuperTrooper

I don't know why people likes to pick Gut personally. I guess for shield spec it is one of the few method of DoTs available so you can proc HiB.

For other specs it is not very ammo effective, and not even necessary (I can do the same thing with ion pulse specced for guarrantee plasma cell proc in assault and it will be better off since I can spec the snare as well, that's like killing 3 birds with 1 stone - elemental DoT+snare+proc HiB all for a unified ammo cost).

Edited by aRtFuL

On a side note every one have most likely 40-50% reduction on there Armour to blaster and kinetic damage but only 7% or so reduction to elemental and internal damage.

To me that makes me want to use the electric damage we can do allot more then any kinetic damage we have.

Edited by Sunrock

At lvl 42 i am going to run this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GRGrdRrogzZZbc.1

I am a tank for a raid group but right now i find myself topping pvp score boreds with 3 lvl 50's on the empire side. I can pull on 120k damage and find my average protection score 25k up, a good protection score 35k and if i am having a hell of a game i look at 40k plus. I have broken 50k when me and a healer stuck together the whole match and we went 1-2 on the score. But since i am not strait pvping but being hybrid with doing both pvp/ pve tanking i find i dont see any other build that will also allow me to raid tank and pvp. Thoughts