Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Defense interrupts GCD: A serious, and valid, issue for Warriors

Gankstah

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have this issue.

Change your ability queue to 0.0 and you won't either.

Do NOT raise it to 1.0 like was mentioned earlier in the thread. What this does is make you wait if a skill isn't ready, and it will queue it up if you hit it up to a second before its ready. If you happen to hit it again before its ready, it turns off the queue.

Changing it to 0 will only fire off your abilities when they are ready.

I'm think going to try that, I think the ability queue might be messing me up a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...
It's impossible to tell without a combat log what is going on, but the animations cause huge problems with GCD. I can believe this is spot on... A warrior should always be able to pop his defensive stats, and it would be nice if we actually had more hp than other classes o btw. There is nothing that makes tanks unique in this game. We are a burden more than a help compared to any other class in pvp.

Thx for the reply.

I'm not à PVPboy, never been. I only play PVE (immortal jugg 44 actually).

Since last patch 1.1.2, i really see improvment in my reactivity. (needed some time to get used to the new CD system). I'll try to run in low level donjons and see how my toon react to mass defense/shield rate.

(forgive my english, not my mother tongue)

I wouldn't mind if the parry animation overrides the ability animation as long as the ability effect is applied, and my GCD is not wasted.

I don't like it game wise of course as it basically ruins Tanks ability to tank.

Even if it makes sense that you can in real life break someones attack by forcing him to parry your counterattack. So if you are attacked from all sides by multiple opponents it only stands to reason you don't have time to attack but that you must focus on defense.

If def, parry and absorb could generate aggro, that won't be an issue.

but while i'm parrying, i don't attack the mob, and i don't build my aggro on it.

Def is not meant to be a aggro stat... so let's hope bioware take a look at this.

Edited by razgamaziel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.