Assassin PvP - Stealth doesn't fit in playstyle?

sptsnz

Is it me or does stealth not fit in the playstyle of the Assassin class? Apart from being able to ninja objectives pretty easily and avoid large groups of enemies, and occassionally Mind Trap (half of the diminishing return bar for one CC that my teammates usually break), it doesn't fit in the playstyle. Normally a damage spell is worth more than the cost of 1.5 sec global cooldown, 30 force and 50% DR for a 2 sec stun. The stun is really useless cause you can't dps for 1.5 sec due to global cooldown. All other spells and abilities don't rely on stealth and you're basically a low armor bruiser with good dps, but after 1 equally skilled enemy you won't have any health to be of use in a team fight, if you meet a scrub you'll have 70% health left which means you can continue but that's not the point. My point is that we don't really rely on stealth so I'm wondering why it's there, I don't feel like an assassin I feel like a bruiser. Sure I would rather have the stealth than not cause it's nice to have one, but I'd even rather have useful spells/playstyle revolving around stealth, or at least a useful opener. Edited by sptsnz

TBH the only use I have found it for is sneaking past unnecessary trash pulls.

FFS even when you order Khem Fail to attack from stealth, he cant just attack and let you get close enough to make use of the "overkillish" talent, he exposes you right where you are after leaving stealth *himselfe* and enivitably at least 2/3 of the adds immeadiatly begin shooting at you as Khem Fail sallys fourth with his DPS that looks to be on par, if not better then mine >.>

Edit- Without a dedicated stealth bar and a closed macro and mod policy, maby this is best, who knows? Im sure once I move along to PvP it will have alot more merits.

Edited by SloatHunter

Aside from Operatives, stealth in this game seems to be more like a way to sneak up stuff without being detected as opposed to a means of unleashing utter doom on your unsuspecting enemy. This might be why so many classes can stealth. I find the only good use for stealth is sneak up to the Overcharge powerup in Alderaan in the middle at the beginning. It's not like the enemy doesn't know you're there, but stealthing prevents them from rooting you up there since they can't see you from that far away and thus won't have a target. This ensures you get the 15% expertise bonus, and coming from the ramp you're generally in good position to hit their healer/ranged characters without taking the usual barrage of range attacks.

Well, I don't find it that useful in PvP. Unless I get caught in a bad spot and need to get out, which is actually kind of often lol.

Like mentioned above sneaking to an objective or getting a powerup is also good with stealth.

In PvP I could probably live with only having force cloak that wears off after 6s or whatever it is.

In PvE though, I love stealth! I just skip all the boring crap and kill/cap/etc the objective.

One of the best things about stealth is being able to choose your battle, where it starts and who you are going to kill. Flip side is running into a whirlwind of death without stealth menas you get no choices.

You really should be stealthing round the combat, find the weakest person or the most important person (healer generally) and focusing them down with interupts, stuns and damage.

Rather than playing like the brawler you are describing you should be taking out that 1st target. Re-assess. Out number enemies? In good position? Continue killing. If you answered no to those questions. Sprint away, vanish, whatever....and restealth. Then go pick off someone else.

You are not a brawler, you ambush the weak, control the important and vanish when things get overwelming.

One of the best things about stealth is being able to choose your battle, where it starts and who you are going to kill. Flip side is running into a whirlwind of death without stealth menas you get no choices.

You really should be stealthing round the combat, find the weakest person or the most important person (healer generally) and focusing them down with interupts, stuns and damage.

Rather than playing like the brawler you are describing you should be taking out that 1st target. Re-assess. Out number enemies? In good position? Continue killing. If you answered no to those questions. Sprint away, vanish, whatever....and restealth. Then go pick off someone else.

You are not a brawler, you ambush the weak, control the important and vanish when things get overwelming.

I can't really pick my fights if I have to carry 4-7 randoms in warzones. Sometimes having stealth comes to a huge advantage, such as ninja planting bombs or capping a turret from really stupid enemies. However if I have to carry the huttball or engage in team fights then I'm out of stealth for a long period of time. Picking on the weak won't win you warzones.

However when it comes to world PvP then you are right, you can ambush weak targets without any consequences since you don't play in a teamfight warzone game. It still isn't that satisfying when you only can decide to sap the enemy or open with a non stealth spell, since Spike is crap.