Tired of Healing

Jekarta-Aden

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that I'm a Merc spec'd on Range DPS and out of the 4 Flashpoints I've done, I've been forced to play the Healer role on all of them.

Some of these other classes need to stop relying on us Mercs to be healers all the time. I want to kill some mobs too, I do get some kills in, but whats the point on gearing up and spec-ing on DPS if I can only do it on story mode.

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that I'm a Merc spec'd on Range DPS and out of the 4 Flashpoints I've done, I've been forced to play the Healer role on all of them.

Some of these other classes need to stop relying on us Mercs to be healers all the time. I want to kill some mobs too, I do get some kills in, but whats the point on gearing up and spec-ing on DPS if I can only do it on story mode.

I'm unsure on why the players are forcing you to do anything. There are two other classes that can heal and if there is an SI or IA, I don't understand why they aren't being forced to heal when you are.

Politely remind them that you are specialized in DPS. If they object otherwise, I would think it to be wise to politely refuse and leave. It is better to stand on what you want to play as. Even as a healer, you can still kill things by firing Rapid Shots at them and gaining charges.

But I digress, play how you want to play it and stand your ground.

My 2 cents.

I'm unsure on why the players are forcing you to do anything. There are two other classes that can heal and if there is an SI or IA, I don't understand why they aren't being forced to heal when you are.

Politely remind them that you are specialized in DPS. If they object otherwise, I would think it to be wise to politely refuse and leave. It is better to stand on what you want to play as. Even as a healer, you can still kill things by firing Rapid Shots at them and gaining charges.

But I digress, play how you want to play it and stand your ground.

My 2 cents.

Well, they're not forcing me. I just feel obligated since everyone else is tanking.

About killing things, that's exactly what I was doing, killing them and collecting charges to heal with Rapid Shot aside from using the other healing skills.

Anyways, that's what I'll do next time, I'll just tell them that I'm not healing and doing DPS instead.