Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Too many Elite mobs ingame..

Kunra

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many Silver Elites in general grinding/questing areas, imo.

And do we really need almost every single quest to end with a Gold Elite(usually with multiple mobs around him)?

Are you serious? Your joking right? Your trying to be funny?

Naaaaaah, cant be!

• 1 year later...
All I see in this thread is people making fun of the OP with comments like "L2P" and "Go back to WoW." Well unfortunately for TOR many of the casuals will do exactly that.

It still boggles the mind that of all the MMO developers Blizzard stands alone as the only one that seems to have recognised this simple fact:

A game that is easy to play has tens of MILLIONS of players.

A game that is difficult or annoying to play has about a million players. Then 500K. Then 250K. Then 125K. Then goes F2P.

I applaud those of you who found TOR easy to play, I bow to your superior gaming skills, because constantly having to deal with the quest-end gold elites has almost completely drained me of my desire to continue playing this game.

I cannot complete major quest lines without going to the next planet and leveling three or four levels. I would probably have to wait for the first expansion pack in order to level up enough to complete my lvl50 class quest line.

Now undoubtedly I will be unmercilessly ridiculed by all the uber elite gaming gods for this confession, but to be honest my skin's thick enough to take it, so by all means unleash the vitriol.

I so desperately wanted to love this game. I honestly did.

:(

Thing is the mobs aren't a challange at all. They just have a massive amount of hp. Facing 10.000 of those to complete one quest area is what killed the game.

The main selling point of the game was story but as soon as people realised that 1% is actual class story and 99% is being forced to fight millions of massive hp mobs to grind your way to the juicy bits....well that didn't work out. Bad game design.

Edit : I love how everyone calling op a noob left the game in 2012 and the ones supporting him still play :D

Edited by Ricul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.