Are you kidding me?????

thenerdma

Stupid crafted gear from HC schematics and trainer schematics are BOP? SRSLY?

Why should I spend 1.000.000 Credits for a stupid profession I can't use to benefit. This is so stupid, it's almost blizz-like.

I mean were you developer guys asleep while creating professions? How stupid is this? I MEAN IS THIS FOR REAL?

Edited by thenerdma

not for the prices you crafters demand anyway.

Not all of us are crazy with our prices. My items do not last more then a couple of hours on the GTN. Some may say I price them to low, I say I price them competitively. :D

Aside from that, I think for the most part, the majority of the BOP should be changed to BOE. The trade off though if that does happen, would be to change those said purples at 400 to something that is not reusable. Otherwise you basically shoot your crafting profession in the foot. One time sale = dead crafting professions.

Leave the BOP to only be used by said crafters. The trade off would be something similar to our other schematics that have a blue and purple version to them.

Edited by Rehneu

Stupid HC schematics and trainer schematics for epic gear are BOP? SRSLY?

Why should I spend 1.000.000 Credits for a stupid profession I can't use to benefit. This is so stupid, it's almost blizz-like.

I mean were you developer guys asleep while creating professions? How stupid is this? I MEAN IS THIS FOR REAL?

That's disappointing. Schematics should always be BOE.

I am fine w/ schematics being bop and even the item that they make being bop as well. I am not sure why it really matters. You shouldn't expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. Not everything in this game is meant to be bind on equip.

Let me sum up synthweaving up for ya:

So you spend 1.000.000 credits for schematics, materials, disenchanting items and gaining new schematics, more materials, more items to be able to build:

A) Crap items you wont use cause u have better items in 3 days with PvP and PvE

B) Crap items you cannot even sell cause they are BoP

NICE PROFESSION!

Let me sum up synthweaving up for ya:

So you spend 1.000.000 credits for schematics, materials, disenchanting items and gaining new schematics, more materials, more items to be able to build:

A) Crap items you wont use cause u have better items in 3 days with PvP and PvE

B) Crap items you cannot even sell cause they are BoP

NICE PROFESSION!

nice you complaining about something you cant make money on. i make money selling my armor O_O.. And to have pvp armor in 3 days why 3 days if you can buy if for less ....

/agree with OP

I'm not a crafter but here are my thoughts on the little crafting I did do:

1. Too many recipes per profession (part of BWs credit sink to get you to buy worthless recipes)

2. 85% of recipes are garbage

3. The main purpose of crafting in a MMO is to develop a trade community between players which is not the case right now as there are only a few crafted items worthwhile since as mentioned I can get pvp gear that is better OR some of the gear from planet commendation vendors is better

4. NO item that is crafted should EVER be BOP! You my as well just take the schematic out of game and make that item a dungeon/random drop. "GREAT, I can craft an item for myself and all my companions that can use it. That's worth all the mats I'll waste making said item"

Edited by Cheeba

/agree with OP

NO item that is crafted should EVER be BOP! You my as well just take the schematic out of game and make that item a dungeon/random drop. "GREAT, I can craft an item for myself and all my companions that can use it. That's worth all the mats I'll waste making said item"

The BOP crafted items are generally profession perks of one kind or another, and are better than what you could normally get at the appropriate level. (ex. The reusable medkits and stims from Bioanalysis are much better than what you could normally get.)

Most professions have something like this... something they can make that is BOP and/or usable only if you have that profession.

Also, crafted gear is generally better than the gear you could get at the appropriate level IF you are crafting BLUES. To do that, you have to be getting blue materials (Underworld Trading, etc...) If you do that, the crafted blues are a huge jump up from most gear you'd get at that level.

It is true, the crafted greens are pretty worthless... EXCEPT, they are an excellent item to buy when trying to improve the gear of a companion that has fallen behind the rest of your companions. I've done a lot of that.

Crafted bop gear is better then raid gear.. maybe you should compare before you rant like a child

The bop gear is for the crafter only, it is our perk, if you want to make gear that would sell you need to reverse engineer the blue recipies to level 2 purple with augment slots that are better then tier 3, which you can.

Even for me the items I can craft are useless. It's not even only the money.

But a profession really should be something you can use to have tradable goods for other players. This is an MMO or am I wrong?

that is nice i could make my own mod armor from my max sythweaving and make a alt go cyber tec both useful i don't see the problem :p