The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What build is better for PVE?

guanabr

What do you prefer for Powertech DPS? Pyro or AP?

I'm level 40 and using AP. I'm enjoying so far. But I am having a little difficult to keep my heat low and to build flamethrower prototype to lvl 5 before the enemy dies lol.

What rotation do you use?

I found AP to be great and easy to use. With it auto venting 8 heat every 6 secs was fantastic as i was rarely overheating and could push out many more Flame bursts when other abilities were on CD.

Pyro i found tough as we are dependant on railshot to vent heat. Thats once every 15 secs normally and then also when RP and FB proc it........BUT the proc is SO RNG dependant that it becomes really annoying when you dont get any procs to help vent heat.

I do find that Pyro feels like it does more burst dmg than AP though. And that certainly helps at high levels when your faced with 2 strongs or equivelant tough fights as we have no CC to deal with them. And it feels like every high level mob has a sunder ability that turns our armor into paper.

I really do think Pyro needs a better vent heat mechanic or at least a better % chance to proc Railshot.

Relying on RNG for resource management is the suck.

Edited by Sivn

I have to agree with Sivn on this. When I ran as AP I rarely had to think about managing my heat. Running as Pyro now though and managing your heat well is half of the battle.

However from a PVE DPS presective

Pyro >>> AP

If you are solo leveling though AP is a very viable way to go.

Edited by Vauleen