Thanks for punishing stealth classes on Ilum ^_^

Lascero

its not ilum alone. i have noticed it on other planets. Basically you're the same level as mobs + 3 levels extra for stealth from the skill tree and 80% of the time you get noticed with a 50-50% chance they'll attack you. Havent been to ilum yet but Voss is notorious for this. They need to fix stealth and bump up its values.

They posted early on that this was NOT rogue stealth. It is not some magical invisibility. We are still there, still moving, still visable... Just shrouded by the force. It allows you to get in range for a shadow strike not let you stand in front of them.

It is a great ability. And unless there are some bugged mobs I haven't seen yet, it is working as intended.

I like how it forces me to think about how to approach the mobs. No I don't kill as fast as non stealth classes but it is a wonderful dynamic involving tactics and strategy.

They posted early on that this was NOT rogue stealth. It is not some magical invisibility. We are still there, still moving, still visable... Just shrouded by the force. It allows you to get in range for a shadow strike not let you stand in front of them.

It is a great ability. And unless there are some bugged mobs I haven't seen yet, it is working as intended.

I like how it forces me to think about how to approach the mobs. No I don't kill as fast as non stealth classes but it is a wonderful dynamic involving tactics and strategy.

Which is a fine explanation, but when the mob groups aggro you from farther away in stealth opposed to just walking around, it's backwards. I'm more than fine with the idea that some mobs have greater stealth detection, but the range needs to be tweaked.

You meant the targetting thing that reveals you and aggro's from a mile away? Yeah thats not just Ilum ... thats pretty much every FP since Hammer Station. Its annoying to say the least.

"Hey youre a stealth class right? Your only good CC requires you be stealthed? Great, we're going to go ahead and throw in all these mobs, most of them droids you cant CC, that can detect you from across the room and aggro, even if you remove stealth after its targeted you. Have fun!"

Really?

P.S: Where is my Ambush?!?

Which is a fine explanation, but when the mob groups aggro you from farther away in stealth opposed to just walking around, it's backwards. I'm more than fine with the idea that some mobs have greater stealth detection, but the range needs to be tweaked.

I haven't made it to Ilum yet but are you comparing stealthed and unstealthed on Ilum? Just wondering if there aren't mobs on Ilum that have better stealth detection or something like that.

I haven't made it to Ilum yet but are you comparing stealthed and unstealthed on Ilum? Just wondering if there aren't mobs on Ilum that have better stealth detection or something like that.

Yes. In this case, the stealth detection range exceeds the normal unstealthed aggro range.

A workaround I've found is just entering stealth within the detection range and CC'ing the detector and going from there. It bypasses the detection mechanic, but that's not at all intuitive to figure out and probably not intended.

You look like more of a threat because you were trying to sneak up on them. You must be up to no good. ;)

its not rogue stealth but 30% of our abilities come from stealth only. they're not very bright. that much is clear.

• 11 months later...
I've seen this happen too. I don't mind it when a guy notices me when I'm right next to him but what's the point of stealth when they can spot me at 20-30 yards? As others noted the stealth detection range can actually exceed the non-stealthed detection range. If anything the stealth detection range should be no more than half of the range for non-stealthed detection.