The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switching from Pyro to St have a question

RatZDrizZy

So i am switching to Shieldtech since it looks like a more effective build for PvE. I am wondering which gas cylinder i will be using mostly as a shield tech? I know for Pyrotech Combustible is the main one. But for ST/AP whats the focus for those? Thank you

I'm not really following you here tbh.

If you're going ST then the main focus of the build is tanking so you'll be using Ion Gas.

If you're trying to go ST for PvE DPS then let me save you some heartache: Don't.

If you're going ST for PvE leveling, then it's actually a really great spec from mid 20's to about 40, then it slows down compared to the others considerably. Like hitting a wall. You will be very hard pressed to die with this spec but killing things with it gets sloooooow. You'll be using Ion for leveling as well.

so you reccomend staying as a Pyro? I mean i love the class have no complaints thus far. But from reading the forums every is praising the ST and saying how great it is so i was curious

It really depends on what you want to be doing - if you want to tank then yeah, ST is brilliant. But if you want to be killing stuff yourself, stick with the Pyro, they kick *** too :D