Less planets but bigger?

reggieee

I think they should have made just 3 massive planets instead of loads of smaller ones. Seems like they made loads cos they wanted there to be a lot of variation in the game but I wouldn't of minded 3 planets if they were really big. The game would feel more like a sand box.

What do you think?

its not designed to be a sandbox. stop trying to make it one.

besides there are plenty of ways they can expand the current planets with new area's if they wanted to. to tatooine they can just add more desert. coruscant or nar shaddaa could get entire new districts by adding new taxi routes.

also limiting it to just 3 planets would become rather dull after a while, tatooine, just endless desert it wasent fun in SWG it wont be fun here.

bitesize chucks is what i want. and thats what i got. just leave some room for extra flavor to be added later.

Bigger does not always add greater immersion.

It boils down to how much times you are forced to travel manually and how many times you can alt-tab between automated travelling. The first one will eventually lead to grievances as people will complain about having to travel alot and the latter will trivialize any world size.

I'd rather have many big worlds and no automated travel but for many people this would probably a scaring thought. ;)

Edited by ArmchairMagpie

Nope, one of the biggest draw for any Star Wars fans is the amount of Planets that exist. I don't mind dealing with a tons of smaller planets if that means we have more in the end. I also would probably get bored of the same 3 planets.

its not designed to be a sandbox. stop trying to make it one.

WoW was also not a sandbox, but one of the stronger points (even if you hated everything else) was that it actually felt like you were on an actual world rather than a series of single player levels held together by the odd questing hub. This is something that annoyed me greatly with Warhammer Online and although TOR is not as bad in this regard the worlds do feel extremely tight and small, like you're running down a predetermined path.

This is why I liked Aldeeran. It was large and it gave the impression of being a grand wide open planet full of life despite you still being led along by a chain of quests. Going to Quesh immediately knocks you back to single player land.

Silly idea, just 3 planets would be lame! I cant wait for Bioware to start adding more planets :)

Dathomir anyone?

For me Manaan, Yavin, Telos, Dantooine to name a few.

WoW was also not a sandbox, but one of the stronger points (even if you hated everything else) was that it actually felt like you were on an actual world rather than a series of single player levels held together by the odd questing hub. This is something that annoyed me greatly with Warhammer Online and although TOR is not as bad in this regard the worlds do feel extremely tight and small, like you're running down a predetermined path.

This is why I liked Aldeeran. It was large and it gave the impression of being a grand wide open planet full of life despite you still being led along by a chain of quests. Going to Quesh immediately knocks you back to single player land.

Well 1) if it helps with your immersion keep in mind Quesh is a poison cease pool and your there for the factories over 1 sqare mile only.

2) Your in for a treat when you get to Hoth

Edited by Avrose

The game would feel more like a sand box.

It's not supposed to feel like a sandbox. Wasn't intended to be a sandbox game. Seriously, did anyone who doesn't like the game even spend a couple of minutes researching the game before they bought it?

I think they should have made just 3 massive planets instead of loads of smaller ones. Seems like they made loads cos they wanted there to be a lot of variation in the game but I wouldn't of minded 3 planets if they were really big. The game would feel more like a sand box.

What do you think?

The zones in each planet are huge. I was just going through Dromund Kaas again and looking at all the places I go and the time it takes to get to places really put it into perspective. Including the Temple and the off the path exploration places the area is huge.

Balmorra is the same. Gotta get it out of your head to some degree you are on new planets and look at each planet as a zone.