The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard for me?

triangulate

I have just dinged lvl 50 with my Operative.

It was always my intention to have one toon on each faction so i rolled a shadow and got to lvl20 but didnt like it, my Op does all the burst i need so i was looking for more of a damage sponge that can fight back.

BH is out of the question as its the same faction as my Op so i was looking at the Vanguard.

The reason im asking is because i was going to keep my Op for open world PvP and was looking for a Toon for PvP in warfronts that can live through a stun or two and at the same time be able to lay down a bit of hurt of his own.

Im half descent in PvP and throught my MMO career i have always played melee, i like to be as mobile as possible and be able to soak up a bit of damage and help my team by protecting nodes or running the ball.

So my question... do you think the Vanguard fits the bill, or should i be looking towards the Knight instead (not all that keen on glowsticks tbh though)

Im half descent in PvP and throught my MMO career i have always played melee, i like to be as mobile as possible and be able to soak up a bit of damage and help my team by protecting nodes or running the ball.

Vanguard is for you. 100%

I have just 1v1 a Vanguard today in open world with my Operative.

I usualy wouldnt solo a tank, especialy as i have just dinged 50 and am vastly undergeared... but ***?!?

How many CC breaks do u guys get?

I opened with hidden strike>acid blade>backstab... and he was stood up immediately, he had an empty resolve bar so he must have used a CC break, i burn CD's to stay in the fight and wait for the resolve bar to go down then use Debilitate. Again he breaks the CC immediately so i have to use Cloaking screen and stay close while he searches for me.

His resolve bar goes to 20-40% so i open again with hidden strike AND HE STANDS STRAIGHT BACK UP AGAIN!!!

lol, this whole fight took less than 2min, i know that all classes get a CC breaker on a 2min CD so *** is happening here? Do Vanguards get more CC breakers i dont see in the skill trees?

One standard CC break on 2 min cooldown.

Hold The Line on 24s cooldown, 8s duration, that protects from roots, snares, knockdowns and physic based effects. I don't know if it can be activated after you are under effect.

Degauss on our shield bubble, that removes all movement impairing effects.

---

Or simply a bug, when the enemy was actually on the ground and only on your client was standing?

Or simply a bug, when the enemy was actually on the ground and only on your client was standing?

Nope, not a bug, he actualy started kiting me and set me on fire lol.

I was totaly unprepared tbqh, the only times i take on tanks is in a WZ zerg. This is the first time i have ever attempted it on my own, and only did that because i was bored to tell the truth.

He definately escaped me three times in the space of just over a minute.

It isn't a QQ, its more the fact that i wanted to roll a Vanguard for an Alt... and if this is what they can do then im starting one now :D

Nope, not a bug, he actualy started kiting me and set me on fire lol.

I was totaly unprepared tbqh, the only times i take on tanks is in a WZ zerg. This is the first time i have ever attempted it on my own, and only did that because i was bored to tell the truth.

He definately escaped me three times in the space of just over a minute.

It isn't a QQ, its more the fact that i wanted to roll a Vanguard for an Alt... and if this is what they can do then im starting one now :D

If he set you on fire, he is assault spec. As far as I know assault troopers have 2 cc breakers (standard pvp breaker and one more from talents)

Hold The Line on 24s cooldown, 8s duration, that protects from roots, snares, knockdowns and physic based effects. I don't know if it can be activated after you are under effect.

Tested it on mobs a few times and I'm reasonably certain that Hold the Line cannot be activated if you are under stun or CC effect however it can be activate when you are under slow or snare effect. However once activated your opponent cannot do anything to you for 8 secs AND you are moving 30% faster (which means you can basically run circles around your foe while they are trying to do something).

30 sec cooldown for 8 sec immunity each time means that you can pretty much keep being immune every 22 secs. That and plus the -20% damage received when stun means that in 1v1 Tactics vanguard will be hell for stunners and stealthers (dont forget vanguard also have a stealth detection ability by default + bonus if specced, and also surge aoe to bring ppl out of stealth if they suspect stealthers around).

Tested it on mobs a few times and I'm reasonably certain that Hold the Line cannot be activated if you are under stun or CC effect however it can be activate when you are under slow or snare effect. However once activated your opponent cannot do anything to you for 8 secs AND you are moving 30% faster (which means you can basically run circles around your foe while they are trying to do something).

30 sec cooldown for 8 sec immunity each time means that you can pretty much keep being immune every 22 secs. That and plus the -20% damage received when stun means that in 1v1 Tactics vanguard will be hell for stunners and stealthers (dont forget vanguard also have a stealth detection ability by default + bonus if specced, and also surge aoe to bring ppl out of stealth if they suspect stealthers around).

It seems to work in PvP

Edited by Kjetl