Need help in updating computer to run Swtor smoothly

Antitso

Hi, I've been playing for a short while now and I'm unable to play PvP battlegrounds smoothly. My fps drops right down when there is a lot of action going on and I was therefore wondering on how I could update my computer to remove this poor performance.

It seems its only in PvP battlegrounds, everything else is running around 30fps, warzones it's around <10 most of the time.

I was running fine on top graphics outside of warzones, but I have been forced to drop my graphics to minimum to able to PvP at all.

My specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon II x 4 630 processor (4CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, Memory: 2805MB

(5750 to be precise)

I have also updated all graphics card drivers

I thought these covered minimum requirements easily, but surely minimum requirements should allow PvP to be played smoothly at lowest graphics settings?

Anyway, is there a way to update my computer to completely get rid of the fps lag, or at least reduce it considerably? I.e. something like upgrading to ATI radeon 6850?

Or is my processor speed just not up to scratch to run this game?

If you think my computer specs should handle this game easily on lowest graphics then do you have any other suggestions to my problem? If you would like a full dxdiag just ask,

Cheers.