Upgrade from SE to DDE with a MT

medicalprobe

Doesn't this bother anybody?

Purchase a Digital Upgrade Pack

We are also offering a Digital Upgrade Pack for individuals who purchased and redeemed a Product Registration Code for the Standard Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, but want to have access to the following in-game items:

Flare Gun

Training Droid

HoloDancer

HoloCam

STAP In-Game Vehicle

The Digital Upgrade Pack is available exclusively through StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for $19.99/£14.99/€19.99. Learn more!

If not, I'm sure it will when this is the CE Store being sold off.

Considering the game was only £34.99 from Amazon, adding £14.99 makes it cheaper than the DDE is from Origin; the only place you could buy it from.

Edited by medicalprobe

so let me get this straight...

People who bought SE for $60, can upgrade to DDE for $20 more

Whereas I bought the DDE for $80.

No, it doesn't bother me, why would it, if they offered a CE upgrade for $90 how would it be any diferent than just buying CE?

so let me get this straight...

People who bought SE for $60, can upgrade to DDE for $20 more

Whereas I bought the DDE for $80.

No, it doesn't bother me, why would it, if they offered a CE upgrade for $90 how would it be any diferent than just buying CE?

see above post

Standard Edition: $59.99

Digital Deluxe Edition: $79.99

$79.99

- $59.99

-----------

$20.00

A penny difference? You're getting your panties twisted over a penny?

SWTOR forums: you will never find a more wretched hive of whiners and QQ'ers!

I think it's fair. It's an awesome gesture to red zoners that weren't able to purchase the DDE via Origin.

Besides, if someone that purchased the SE wants to spend another $19.99, it's their choice and has no adverse reaction on anyone else except the buyer's wallet.

Edited by ZoLMiTRiPTaN

Standard Edition: $59.99

Digital Deluxe Edition: $79.99

$79.99

- $59.99

-----------

$20.00

A penny difference? You're getting your panties twisted over a penny?

SWTOR forums: you will never find a more wretched hive of whiners and QQ'ers!

clearly not reading my post where I stated it's actually cheaper this way for some.

Considering the game was only £34.99 from Amazon, adding £14.99 makes it cheaper than the DDE is from Origin; the only place you could buy it from.

added to the op for clarity.

Edited by medicalprobe

End result is the same. People who paid $60 can upgrade to DDE for $20 Total $80

Even though Amazon offered a deal for 35, you still have to pay $20 to upgrade.

So in the end you may have gotten the standard edition cheaper, but the upgrade is always $20 more, if anything the only complaint should be that amazon was cheaper, NOT that there is an upgrade for SE to DDE.

I pre-ordered the SE before I was sure I wanted to play the game so I'm glad to see this offered. Yes, you may have to pay more for the DDE version than some people who ordered from a retailer that put the game on sale (probably at their own expense rather than a promotion from EA/BW). But as far as I know, Origin is the only place to get a digital download for those who prefer that.

Doesn't this bother anybody?

If not, I'm sure it will when this is the CE Store being sold off.

Doesn't bother me. Wouldn't bother me if they sold CE stuff either.

I bought CE so that I could get the extra stuff, I don't care if everyone else has it too. Anyone that does care is just being selfish.