Hard-Bound Keys: A Big No No

Yfelsung

Dear Bioware,

I can't bind CTRL+D, CTRL+A, CTRL+SHIFT+F and a whole host of other combinations to my bars because you've decided that these combinations must be hard-bound to UI functions.

If a keybind exists in a game, it should be visible in the keybinding menu and modifiable.

Also, sidebars are bad, I'd like 4 bottom bars.

Sincerely,

- A Control Freak

Another one for the list, the button for \ and |. (under backspace)

It's listed in the keybinding menu, and can be changed... But that doesn't do anything.

For some reason, that key brings up the "Create Customer Service Ticket" interface. I thought it was temporary (I noticed it during beta), but alas... It remains unchanged.

I used that key for autorun in other games for 6+ years, so it was a pretty weird change for me.

I agree, I use lots of Ctrl bind and lots of them are unusable.

It's especially grating when they are actually accepted as supposedly valid binding, but they don't work in the game - I linked my heal to Ctrl-A, then died because mashing the key was just turning ambiance on and off, and by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late... -_-

I agree, I use lots of Ctrl bind and lots of them are unusable.

It's especially grating when they are actually accepted as supposedly valid binding, but they don't work in the game - I linked my heal to Ctrl-A, then died because mashing the key was just turning ambiance on and off, and by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late... -_-

Similar issue for me, I use D and all Mod+D buttons for abilities that are tied to situations/debuffs. I have exactly 3 abilities that fit this, which would fit perfectly into D, Shift+D and CTRL+D. Unfortunately, I now have to put one of those abilities on CTRL+S, which means I have to think for a split second longer than necessary to use this ability.

Half the point of a good keybind scheme is going from thought to pure instinctual use of abilities.