We have a right to be upset...

darthbored

Were not upset because we feel entitled to play. its because they CAN let us in they're just not choosing to.

That's like that store that has 500 basketballs and 400 people are lined up to get them. They give 5 basketballs to the first few people, and randomly pick out 2 people in the line to give 2 more basketballs to. Then they tell everyone to go back home, they're all out of basketballs and will have more in tomorrow, when we can clearly see the stack of 493 basketballs.

Its just an illogical inconvenience. Carrot on a stick if you will.

Sure, it's as easy as pushing a big red button and everyone can log in.

Actually it probably is. It's not like they manually pick 30k players per waves, a program does it, sends the email and activates the account. So yes it is probably as easy as pressing a button.

Heck I worked for Cryptic Studios and it was a number of players you entered then pressed a button, would take an hour and voila 10k more beta testers.

I don't see why it would be any more difficult for EA/Bioware.

would you feel better if they just did away with early access?

Why do people have such a sense of entitlement?

I BREATHE, THEREFORE I DESERVE EVERYTHING!...

seriously people, the world does not revolve around you.

I would feel better if they just did away with early access. I honestly would.

You have a right but you are not right.The % QQ on the forums are not even 1%.

None of us is paying for our time in ealry access.

Actually the early access was included in the purchase price. The only way it could not count as part of the purchase is if it was not related to said purchase date and the amount of time allowed was the same for everyone.

Were not upset because we feel entitled to play. its because they CAN let us in they're just not choosing to.

That's like that store that has 500 basketballs and 400 people are lined up to get them. They give 5 basketballs to the first few people, and randomly pick out 2 people in the line to give 2 more basketballs to. Then they tell everyone to go back home, they're all out of basketballs and will have more in tomorrow, when we can clearly see the stack of 493 basketballs.

Its just an illogical inconvenience. Carrot on a stick if you will.

actually a proper analogy is as follows:

That's like that store that has 500 basketballs and 400 people are lined up at a front door that can only let in 50 people at a time to get them, and can hold a maximum of 100 people. They give 50 basketballs to the first 50 people, and as those 50 stay and play with their basketballs, they let in the next 50. Then they tell everyone to go back home until tomorrow when they will have more room for people to play with their basketballs in the store, when we can clearly see the stack of 493 basketballs.

I can tell how effective my analogy was based on the amount of hostility from the fanboys.

You are just the 100th person in a long line of whiners that has created yet another post about how they didn't get in and how unfair life is. Honestly, since i'm not in yet, it is my entertainment for the evening. Start another with some other inane whining.

would you feel better if they just did away with early access?

Why do people have such a sense of entitlement?

I BREATHE, THEREFORE I DESERVE EVERYTHING!...

seriously people, the world does not revolve around you.

The mass media and government has seriously done a number on people's definition and connotative meaning for the word "entitlement." Heaven forbid someone buy a game and feel entitled to actually play it.

The basketball analogy is actually pretty good except that they didn't pick anyone randomly and are instead going straight down the line.

They have 500 basketballs and only gave out 10 or so the first day instead of handing out all 500 and letting everyone struggle over the two hoops on the court.