First FOTM class = Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer

Evuke

That's my prediction for the first FOTM class (and consequentially the first class to be nerfed).

What's yours?

They will be popular because they look bad*** and are fun to play, but by the end of beta they weren't OP. Strong, but not OP.

Edited by degree

That's my prediction for the first FOTM class (and consequentially the first class to be nerfed).

What's yours?

I played SI:Assassin in beta (level 25) and found sorcerors were the first ones I targeted...not because they were dangerous, because they died extremely quickly and couldn't do much when you pop out of stealth and 3 GCD's (Maul spam) later they are at 20-30% health burning their knockback only to have me sprint, immediately closing the gap and crushing them with 1-2 more mauls. They won't be FoTM for anything more then "lightning" and looks.

Was able to do the same thing to them on my operative when I spec'd him concealment.

For pvp...melee dps, regardless of lightsaber or not will be FoTM imo.

What's yours?

FOTM usually comes from a class actually being OP and therefore everyone rolls it. Rather then everyone rolling it, it's buffed to be OP and then people thus calling for a nerf.

I can see the logic however in people being killed be more SI then other classes and proceiving that as being OP, the actual stats won't back that up.

But I laugh at anyone making a character choice based solely on who's OP in the first week of launch of an MMO. Unless ofcourse your going to take all 8 to 50 and may as well start with the best.

I played SI:Assassin in beta (level 25) and found sorcerors were the first ones I targeted...not because they were dangerous, because they died extremely quickly and couldn't do much when you pop out of stealth and 3 GCD's (Maul spam) later they are at 20-30% health burning their knockback only to have me sprint, immediately closing the gap and crushing them with 1-2 more mauls. They won't be FoTM for anything more then "lightning" and looks.

Was able to do the same thing to them on my operative when I spec'd him concealment.

Bad sorcs are bad or you jumped the ones that didnt have their shield and other nifty things yet. Like uhm sprint and all other nifty things you had.

I cant remember dying very often in PvP after I got the shield and sprint on my sorc. And no good sorc should ever be caught without their shield up.

Anyone else planning on going with a spec like 15/15/11 or similar?

Maul requires to be behind target, you know. Next time try to PvP someone who doesn't turn with A or D, but with his mouse...

Someone saying Sorcs are FOTM?

Of course, they shoot lightning from their fingers and look ******.

But they are far from OP.

Agents and Smugs say hi ... well, not really. They just shoot you from behind cover and laugh as you die.

At least thats what I did. Huttball is amazing fun for finding sniping ground.

Edited by Gomla

Someone saying Sorcs are FOTM?

Of course, they shoot lightning from their fingers and look ******.

But they are far from OP.

Agents and Smugs say hi ... well, not really. They just shoot you from behind cover and laugh as you die.

At least thats what I did. Huttball is amazing fun for finding sniping ground.

I had real gigglefits when I managed to root or range stun enemy players on the fire vents, so much fun, especially when they had the ball.

<3 Sniper.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I typically ignore these threads and only stop by for the lols. Most OPs that post "Waaaaa, this class killed me, they are OP. Bioware/Daddy make them stop"

Please, anyone who has played Beta to level 50 (which I did) will tell you that every single class has its strengths and its weaknesses. I rolled a Sorcerer and I loved it, but I wouldn't count on him beating my Marauder in a 1v1 fight.

Sorcerer can be great for group play, if you don't like them tell your Assassin buddies or Marauder buddies (or their Republic equivalents) to go take them out. Warriors/Knights can stick on them like glue and then you have a dead caster....

L2P before you start crying on the forums you only make yourselves look stupid.

Very much this.

People who QQ about the SI being OP are simply terribad.

They are not even glass cannons as snipers/gunslingers are twice as good if not more at melting faces. Sorc and Sage are just flexible, damage is OK, but you will not win often with that damage against other classes specced for dps.

Its not that they are overpowered, but they are what I'd call a low skill-cap class. I'm not sayin great players aren't significantly better than avg., but an avg. player on this class does very well. Put a avg. player on any of the melee classes in pvp and you'll get pathetic results. On a con/sorc he'll be in the top half of the dmg charts if he can find tab, 1, 2, 3. Too bad a lot of them can't even find "tab" though...

And on my server the only warzone Empire ever wins is Huttball...cause they're playin themselves:D...i kid, i kid

Edited by Varcan