LGBT Players - Check in here!

Kresse

Better late than never. Gay man in the US playing female toons until we get same gender romance options. :)

If you're aware of an LGBTQ friendly guild on Mind Trick or Drooga's Pleasure Barge, please clue me in...

Otherwise, I may have to start again on Jekk'Jekk Tar /cry!

To explain to most people in this thread why LGBT guilds exist.

Make no mistake an LGBT is not an attempt to create our own little island away from the rest of the community, on the contrary it's the exact opposite, its so we can have representation and a positive community in the game and be in a guild where you don't HAVE to worry about an officer being a bigot or someone being uncomfortable with you as a person.

There is no Straight pride guild because every guild IS straight already or the norm.

If you wanna pretend that there's no anti gay bias in a lot of US server's you're more then welcome too, I would also like to enjoy whatever kool-aid you're drinking. LGBT guilds give members, obviously gay members and allies freedom to be themselves without having to bend over backwards because of how you feel or think any group of people should act.

Why is it a big deal? Because if a person has to remain in the closet to be a functioning or respected player on the server. Yeah that's pretty messed up. Just read that aloud and try to defend it, it doesn't matter if you're "cool with the gays" when other people are not. Homophobia exists when misinterpretation runs rampant and that's due to overwhelming bigotry and complete ignorance of the existence of any minority. It's none of your business what we do, and its none of my business what you do, but you can't pretend people don't exist because you're afraid some ******* idiot is going to be "offended", because that enables and gives the people offended the idea that violating human rights is a-ok. Which I don't think I need to explain isn't right.

The difference between a pride guild and your everyday guild is pride guild accept everyone.

"Straight guilds" might not. In fact you're more than welcome to join any "gay" guild, and see how it's the same old song and dance with any other guild, except they might be slightly prettier than the average MMOer.

And of course gay guy with a sarcastic attitude sounding off

Summed it up perfectly without coming accross as confrontational or knuckleheaded. Thank you.

BioWare obviously cares, which is why they consciously decided to exclude same gender romance from the game.

I'll bet money if you look in to it Lucas Arts is holding it up not Bioware.

Checking in to put the L into the LGBT.

I confess I am looking for a LGBT-friendly guild, and not wishing to be antagonistic, one that's more lesbian focussed. I say that because I joined an LGBT guild while i was playing WoW and guild chat was often very focussed toward guy stuff. I sometimes felt as left out as I did in a regular guild.

It's been a while since I checked this thread - it's good to see more people coming in every once in a while! :)

I myself lost my guild that I settled into, simply as big guilds weren't my cup of tea - unsurprisingly, I got banned from the guild site for leaving. Obviously am such a bad LGBT member! :D

Hopefully everyone is enjoying themselves - would be nice to find a few more players on The Progentior though - it does get lonely somewhat. Just no dating! :p

A genderqueer Aspie gamer from Australia, checking in ;)

I answer to "she/her" because of my biological sex, but I see myself inhabiting that murky area that is not quite "male", but not quite "femme" either.

Dyke checking in! Stranded on The Harbinger with no love and wishing that I'd chosen JJT! Got any LGBTQ Guilds around looking for a casual player? It's awful lonely out in the cold.

As for why we might like LGBTQ focused guilds? Personally I get really tired of having to constantly explain to people that 'gay' is not an acceptable replacement for 'lame' and it's really nice to have people around who truly understand your experience of the world.

And even if there isn't the hate having someone say "Oh you're a lesbian? That's so cool!" can get tiring after awhile. I may be cool but it's not cause I'm gay.

Fitheach on The Harbinger and happy for an invite.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying themselves - would be nice to find a few more players on The Progentior though - it does get lonely somewhat. Just no dating! :p

A Pan from The Progenitor saying good afternoon, how are all you beautiful people?

Puts checkmarks at the B and The Progenitor. If there is a LBGT guild on my server please send Xuker an invite

I'm not in an LGBT specific guild, but I do play on The big P. You guys are all welcome to add Maihem and Maihemm (I'M SO CREATIVE) in-game to chat!

Does pansexual mean that you're just down for grinding anything that looks like it might feel good?

It's mostly just a way of saying you find people all along the gender fluidity line attractive whether they be male, female, mtf, ftm, butch, femme, male identified female or female identified male.

I specify attraction because I assume a difference between pansexual and panromantic.