LGBT Players - Check in here!

Kresse

What does LGBT stand for? *Curious*:eek:

I'm going to assume you're young and not trolling. If your parents have disabled the ability to search the webs for answers then I have to wonder why they would let you play SWTOR which has adult themes.

So to answer your question it stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender. You can find a wiki article on the subject here.

I'm going to assume you're young and not trolling. If your parents have disabled the ability to search the webs for answers then I have to wonder why they would let you play SWTOR which has adult themes.

So to answer your question it stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender. You can find a wiki article on the subject here.

Lol no I'm neither young nor a troll. I happened upon this thread and since I didn't know what it standed for I felt like asking. I honestly didn't think to google it.

I'm sure not everyone, young or old otherwise knows the meaning especially when they're not looking into anything that relates to that.

Edited by StormDragonlord

Lol no I'm neither young nor a troll. I happened upon this thread and since I didn't know what it standed for I felt like asking. I honestly didn't think to google it.

Interesting. Do you live outside the U.S. ? LGBT is a very common term here. I realize that not everyone knows or has friends that are queer but it's rather odd you've never heard of the term. In any case welcome to the thread!

Interesting. Do you live outside the U.S. ? LGBT is a very common term here. I realize that not everyone knows or has friends that are queer but it's rather odd you've never heard of the term. In any case welcome to the thread!

I live in Puerto Rico. Spanish country :) and thanks.

I always thought it was fairly common too, but on my server whenever I tell people that we're an LGBT guild I haven't had a single person know what that meant, and all of them have been American. There has even been one gay guy that didn't know what it meant. When they find out the response has always been "that's cool, that isn't an issue for me" etc etc which has been nice and TBH surprising after what I experienced in "The MMO that must not be named."

Straight as a line here :p with a few "LGBT" guildies - could of spelled that out I had to google it.

Any ways like many others I couldn't care less which way you swing - it's all personal choice; so if you enjoy it I say "I wish you well upon your jounreys". Though not everybody will agree I guess. *shrug*

-------------------------------------------------

Saw a few comments about people tossing out the "fgt" comments at people in their past mmorpg experience. Just ignore it, it's ignorance; they were too shallow to take the time to meet you as the person you are. Their loss.

Words from my favorite person - Tupac

The Rose that Grew from Concrete

Did you hear about the rose that grew

from a crack in the concrete?

Proving nature's law is wrong it

learned to walk with out having feet.

Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,

it learned to breathe fresh air.

Long live the rose that grew from concrete

when no one else ever cared.

You shouldn't judge somebody by their race gender religion etc; judge them on who they are as a person. How they grew up through all the hardships the world tosses at them - and then see them as who they are, after all that we as people must endure.

^ my own take upon the words from his poem

Edited by Brimmer

Straight as a line here :p with a few "LGBT" guildies - could of spelled that out I had to google it.

Any ways like many others I couldn't care less which way you swing - it's all personal choice; so if you enjoy it I say "I wish you well upon your jounreys". Though not everybody will agree I guess. *shrug*

-------------------------------------------------

Saw a few comments about people tossing out the "fgt" comments at people in their past mmorpg experience. Just ignore it, it's ignorance; they were too shallow to take the time to meet you as the person you are. Their loss.

Words from my favorite person - Tupac

The Rose that Grew from Concrete

Did you hear about the rose that grew

from a crack in the concrete?

Proving nature's law is wrong it

learned to walk with out having feet.

Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams,

it learned to breathe fresh air.

Long live the rose that grew from concrete

when no one else ever cared.

You shouldn't judge somebody by their race gender religion etc; judge them on who they are as a person. How they grew up through all the hardships the world tosses at them - and then see them as who they are, after all that we as people must endure.

^ my own take upon the words from his poem

NOT trying to start a debate or anything, but it's rarely, ever, really a choice, but I think I get what you meant, thanks.

Edited by Darth_Solrac

I always thought it was fairly common too, but on my server whenever I tell people that we're an LGBT guild I haven't had a single person know what that meant, and all of them have been American. There has even been one gay guy that didn't know what it meant. When they find out the response has always been "that's cool, that isn't an issue for me" etc etc which has been nice and TBH surprising after what I experienced in "The MMO that must not be named."

It's fairly commonplace - only difference is people know these things in areas where political stuff exists. It's not commonplace elsewhere.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing alright - good to see some more people checking in. :)

Yea

BTW, don't mess with the bull unless you can take the horns. I will pwn joo

LOL ok, & it was a line from Monty Python's Flying Circus. A skit where they busted in and shouted: No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Always thought it funny, liked it. So I changed it for my SI.

There are 2 problems with ignoring the comments.

1. It is akin to saying "shut up and accept it"

2. The ignorant continue to believe it is acceptable behavior because they are never challenged on it.

While most people who advise others to ignore it aren't doing so as a way to tell someone to "shut up and accept it" it does end up feeling that way to those of us who are affected by the words.

There are 2 problems with ignoring the comments.

1. It is akin to saying "shut up and accept it"

2. The ignorant continue to believe it is acceptable behavior because they are never challenged on it.

While most people who advise others to ignore it aren't doing so as a way to tell someone to "shut up and accept it" it does end up feeling that way to those of us who are affected by the words.

THIS.

No, even as a straight man I will not accept people spouting off like that. It *IS* offensive, it is unnecesary and I will stand up and say so.

If you tell me to just ignore them, I will tell you that you are enabling these... people in their bigotry and you are supporting them with your silnce.

If you have to sopeak up, tell them they are wrong in what they are saying, don't tell me I have to let them continue.

UK lesbian with chars on Scepter Of Ragnos (English EU) checking in! *pom-poms*

Too much to quote over the pages, but I have read every comment and I just want to say...

Friends/colleagues/facebook-peeps-who-I-know-but-can't-really-call-friends all talk about their lives. What's going on, where they have been, who they did it with. Life, love and all that.

So why can't I? I talk about my lovely lady and people look at me strangely, stop talking, or start asking the dreaded questions... "When did you choose to be gay? Have you always been? Have you ever..." etc.

Other posters have talked about being "out" and how it splinters us as a community away from society as a whole. I'm not trying to be special... I'm being normal. Living a normal life, doing normal things, talking about normal day-to-day with my girlfriend. And this community, this thread allows me to. That's why I'm all for the SWTORLGBTQ community!

So with that said, once I get my pc fixed methinks I will be making an alt on Jekk-Jekk Tarr. My shifts at work should allow me to gay out with mah guildies :p

(As a side note, and on the subject of use of insulting words, gay is still used way to often to describe crappy things. And the fgt word is damned awful, anyone who uses it gets no respect from me whatsoever. Hence why many guilds I have been in through other MMOs have had one less member as soon as they use it. Kinda hard to do an instance without a healer right?)