1 Day of Early Access... yay?

Jowy

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid 80 dollars to start at the same time as everyone else who paid 80 dollars to start. I didnt pay 70 to start 3 days later or 60 to start 5 days later. I paid 80, 5 dollars extra to to make sure of it. They screwed the pooch big time and I have been in on every major MMO launch since DAOC and this one takes the cake.

When did you pay ... that is what matters ... paid yesterday, wait ... paid in July, lucky you!

You can bring that up in any arguement ever.

Complain about something? Bring up starving children in Africa. Bring up genocide, bring up every screwed up thing in the world.

That's no way to have a discussion.

Um, what? Those aren't even related.

You brought up the point that people are anxious because there isn't enough information.

I'm simply asking how they live their life, when their life is full of situations without enough information. Why are they not nervous wrecks 24/7? What makes the information about star wars so important that it's what makes them a nervous wreck.

I paid 80 dollars to start at the same time as everyone else who paid 80 dollars to start. I didnt pay 70 to start 3 days later or 60 to start 5 days later. I paid 80, 5 dollars extra to to make sure of it. They screwed the pooch big time and I have been in on every major MMO launch since DAOC and this one takes the cake.

Oh, and how is this the worst launch ever ... the game is not even launched till 20 Dec ... 7 days from now!

Edited by chapmandoo

By the way for all of you saying "you should've ordered earlier" that's a stupid argument. They're not inviting people based on dates, but on volume on a first come first served basis. If everyone had pre-ordered in july we wouldn't everyone been playing by now.

Um, what? Those aren't even related.

You brought up the point that people are anxious because there isn't enough information.

I'm simply asking how they live their life, when their life is full of situations without enough information. Why are they not nervous wrecks 24/7? What makes the information about star wars so important that it's what makes them a nervous wreck.

How can you not see how they're related? What I was saying is that any issues we suffer day to day pale in comparison to the atrocities happening in other places in the world.

I'm basically saying exactly what you are: how can you complain about star wars when there's so many more important things going on in your life/the world?

But like I said, you can bring stuff like that up in any arguement and you'll likely win because it can't be argued against.

By the way for all of you saying "you should've ordered earlier" that's a stupid argument. They're not inviting people based on dates, but on volume on a first come first served basis. If everyone had pre-ordered in july we wouldn't everyone been playing by now.

Volume based on the date you pre-oredered and entered the access code ... you waited too long I guess.

When I go to McDonalds, I pay the same amount for my big mac as the guy 3 spaces in front of me in line, but he gets his burger first. *** McDonalds, y u no fair?!

If I see McDonald is working on making the burgers for the 3 people in front of me, I don't mind, what if McDonald served everyone in front of you, and when it is your turn, they put up a sign saying they are going to need a 5 day break, and they'll get back to you later, how would you feel?

Mom: So what exactly is the problem.

Johnny: Timmy wouldn't let me play.

Mom: Well when did Timmy say you could play.

Johnny: He said I would get to play after he got done.

Mom: Is that exactly what he said.

Johnny: Well he said maybe.

Mom: Well then he never said you would get to play the game.

Johnny: But he promised :( (cryin as he runs to his room)

Actually when they sell it to you as part of your preorder it's sure as hell is a right.

Actually, they didn't sell you 5 days, you sold you 5 days. Again, up to 5 days does not mean you get 5 days. If you only get 10 minutes they have met their statement. Anything prior to that is a privilege. If you don't like it, go to school and learn to read better.

That was eerily accurate to my childhood.

WHO ARE YOU?!

How can you not see how they're related? What I was saying is that any issues we suffer day to day pale in comparison to the atrocities happening in other places in the world.

I'm basically saying exactly what you are: how can you complain about star wars when there's so many more important things going on in your life/the world?

But like I said, you can bring stuff like that up in any arguement and you'll likely win because it can't be argued against.

Except that's not what I'm saying at all. Which is why I included the coke argument, to drive home the point that it's not about the size of the issue. It's about the lack of information.

You said they were nervous over the information. I was simply asking WHY in this case, when they have a lack of information, are they nervous? In other situations (life and death in the case of possible car accidents) they are not nervous. Why?

I saw much of the complaining going on today. And while I have frustrations, and was disappointed, I am not in the camp of making it into a deal breaker as it seems to be for some. Just looked forward to it, and realize it will be a little longer then I hoped.

With that said, I do think BW could make the whole situation a little easier for everyone by including a % of pre-orders admitted. No perfect figure but a rough figure. Or a target day for the last pre-orders to be admitted. As an example if I knew they were aiming at getting everyone in by Sunday, and I purchased in December, I would have an idea of when BW hoped to get me in. Then extra waves or delays could give people an idea. Instead of the misinformation or blind speculation some are posting. It could ease some of those people's minds of what they can hope or expect.

Just my thoughts.

Zones aint really empty.

I still dont belive why people will whine about this, this has been known since the first day of preordering, that this is how its going to be - There is enough people around to group up with, they will also add more and more people each day.

So dont you worry.

For people who ordered november / december, sucks - you should have ordered earlier if you wanted in before.

Game launches the 20th, be happy that its possible to play before that.

it was not know they would let in 2 days of orders the first day.

it was not know they would have gaps as long as what 17 hours.

/smile

Except that's not what I'm saying at all. Which is why I included the coke argument, to drive home the point that it's not about the size of the issue. It's about the lack of information.

You said they were nervous over the information. I was simply asking WHY in this case, when they have a lack of information, are they nervous? In other situations (life and death in the case of possible car accidents) they are not nervous. Why?

Why? Simple! They're very excited to play and most have been waiting years for TOR. With simply knowing exactly when they can play, they will be at ease. Well, I can't say everyone will, but I know most are only upset because they -don't know-.

lol good stuff

You'll get in eventually, but with the way things are with the pre-order, it might not be so bad getting in on launch. Who knows, maybe the beginner zones will be less dramatically crammed than it already is?

But that's just wishful thinking. Hope they add many more servers to reduce the queues for servers already active.