"All the kids roll Empire"

Auxili

you think kids even know there's a forum for this game?

i certainly wasnt browsing game forums until i was at least 17, certainly didnt post nothin until i was like 21.

instead of posting "well im old and i rolled empire haha ur wrong". why dont you post what you rolled when you were 13-18. good side, bad side. if u werent walking to school up hill both ways.

Edited by Corwingeorge

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Little old for video games don't you think? Dang, you mid life!

There's no such thing as too old for video games. That used to be true when games were only for kids. Now there's plenty of games out there. You'll find that the average age of gamers has gone up considerably in the last 10 years or so, but then maybe you're not old enough to look that far back :p

Little old for video games don't you think? Dang, you mid life!

It's not that kids roll Empire. It's the fact that all the old fogeys bring their kids with them!

You're never too old to play video games.

My dad is 48 and played wow for 4+ years with me. He was topping most dps charts and was a better overall player than most people that I've played with.

you think kids even know there's a forum for this game?

i certainly wasnt browsing game forums until i was at least 17, certainly didnt post nothin until i was like 21.

Have you visited a COD or BF3 forum? :p

But yeah it may be telling that hardly anybody in this thread has said "I'm on Republic".

Just imperial after imperial

Really? I swore all the little kids hoarded to the Republic...

For some reason, most players from their respective faction believe that the opposing faction is full of children. There's no faction that just has all children on it. There is most likely an even spread of kids in each faction, leaning no one way or the other.

pretty much this. the interesting thing I've noticed is that some kids are actualy far more respectful then the adults you run into. its like those "adults" are having a midlife crisis or trying to get back their childhood.. or something..

that said I play both. and I've been "29" for a good number of years :p

30 and empire.

I played Republic, but the Jedi Consular class quest was a little too generic for me... the Empire quests seem to be a much different change of pace from your usual RPG-fare (gotta love a quest where your "best" option is killing slaves for rebelling instead of killing and torturing them)

You're never too old to play video games.

Although the Nintendo Entertainment System came out in 1985, Video gaming really gained widespread mainstream appeal in the 90s. SNES (1991), Playstation (1994), Doom (1993), etc. People who played these games heavily in high school and college are all in their 30s and 40s by now. There is no reason to assume that gamers are only college age or younger. Besides, actual age doesn't mean much in an online world since they don't necessarily have a correlation with maturity levels.

That being said, hardcore gamers tend to go for the "evil" side. Age is irrelevant.

Edited by Zhaoan

This seems to be a common sentiment amongst people. Is it true though?

By 'kids' I think people are referring to teenagers, of course. 13-18 year olds.

To some extent I do think so.

But more so the aggressive PvP people rolled on empire. This could be seen clearly on PvP and RP-PvE server guild statistics before launch. There was major influx on empire on PvP server but on RP-PvE servers the traffic was to lesser extent other way.