The D5-Mantis Sucks

Nimmuz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

If you don't like the D5 Mantis, I think you're missing the entire theme of being a BH in this game, and Star Wars in general. The Mantis is CLEARLY a predecessor to Slave I. It's not some hot rod that the Dark Council gave you, and it's not a sleek Agent ship that looks more like a luxury yacht. You stole your ship. It's supposed to be low key, beat up and utilitarian. The damn thing has a holding cell, what more could you possibly want?

Best ship in the game IMHO.

If you don't like the D5 Mantis, I think you're missing the entire theme of being a BH in this game, and Star Wars in general. The Mantis is CLEARLY a predecessor to Slave I. It's not some hot rod that the Dark Council gave you, and it's not a sleek Agent ship that looks more like a luxury yacht. You stole your ship. It's supposed to be low key, beat up and utilitarian. The damn thing has a holding cell, what more could you possibly want?

Best ship in the game IMHO.

Still love my Agents ship best. The thing about the Mantis that turns me off is the goofy *** engines coming off on the flimsy arms. If they removed that then you'd have a winner in my book.

I hate it, its small compared to the Fury and other ships, the painting is horrible and it feels old and rusty, your ship should be your "home away from home" not a place you must go to because you most go to the next planet. They made every other ship cool and fresh exept this one, BioWare should had made it possible to choose your own ship or atleast the apparence, now its just a pile of junk with a engine.

I'm curious, did you miss the part where you STOLE the ship? You know, from someone else?

Every other class gets one handed to them by the Empire, so of course they're polished and fancy.

Also, the forums have spell-check built in, please use it...

• 1 month later...

Now here is the thing everyone should think about. I've read a few posts and so it might help a few guys who thinks that Mantis sucks.

Think about the Agent as James Bond. The ship looks like an astin martin..flat grey and very luxury.

Now while the Agent gets all the married wifes who want some mistery and keep it as a secret.

The Sith is all clear...it looks like something Darth Vader would fly. Nothing wrong about it.

But now the bounty Hunter. Think about him as a Vin Diesel. This guy would rather drive a old muscle car...with a bit of rust..a few damaged spots and lots of power. The guy who would beat the crap out of the agent..gets his girl and believe me or not...she would care a damn thing about the look of his car because it suits him perfect :p

Still love my Agents ship best. The thing about the Mantis that turns me off is the goofy *** engines coming off on the flimsy arms. If they removed that then you'd have a winner in my book.

I love the ship and would love it more minus those weird wing arm things.

Trooper ship is kind of odd to me, if we are going to point out some odd ships, purely my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they should redesign the mantis or give an option of getting another "skin" to be a proper gun boat style ship, the brick body design is a detratment when playing the rail shooter as it blocks your field of vision and it's really damn ugly,

I'll give you that it's convient to navigate on the inside but you can keep that concept with a new designed ship.

Heck with it I'd be happy if they code it so you can have a Sith Fury class ship for my BH just so I don't have to see the D5-Fatis anymore.

• 2 weeks later...